Best Male Singers of the 20th Century

There is an interesting current discussion about the best female vocalists on CD. I have my own ideas about the best male singers (any category) of the 20th Century, but would like to hear other opinions.
sdcampbell
On the rock side of things, I would say David Sylvian, David Bowie, and Bryan Ferry (all of whom were missed by those above).

On Jazz and standards, the above posts got all the greats.
Come on now! Can one REALLY be considered the BEST singer, or guitarist, or pianist or whatever. It's all a matter of personal taste, but how can one say Sinatra is better than Benett or Whitney is better than Aretha, or Clapton is better than Beck, THEY ALL KICK BUTT! Each is a master at their craft and I apprecite every olne of them, and more.
As far as "crooners" go, I would say Tony Bennett. R&B/Soul, Marvin Gaye without a doubt. In rock I would give it to Freddie Mercury. If I had to choose one, it would be Freddie. The guy was on another level IMO.
One of the best performances, believe it or not, is NIRVANA "Unplugged". Kurt's delivery and emotion is increadible. The sonics of the recording are also excellent!