Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
Tom 

I installed the 17.5 guage chassis wire to the tweeters Sunday 
and my conclusion is this is the correct size to use .
While the 15.5 guage sounded very good there was a glaring issue ,
on loud higher frequency notes distortion appeared .
This was first noticed when listning to the War album Deliver The Word 
when an alto sax hit the high notes , I then checked with the album that I use for testing when changes are made  Norah Jones Come Away With Me , some of her piano notes caused the same ear bending distortion as heard on the War album and finally the worst offender of all listening to Freewheelin Bob Dylan album , his harmonica playing convinced me to try changing in wire gauge .
The 17.5 sound smooth and sweet , all the notes that were distorted before now sound detailed and clear , even Bob Dylans harmonica playing or to say at least as good as his playing gets  .

If I do any other wire changes it will be to increase the gauge to the bass crossover board but for now it's time to listen to the music for a while before I start installing the Mills the resistors .

Rob

@tomthiel. I have been messaging @stspur about some changes he is making with his CS3.6's. He soldered in some different components into his crossovers which he says have made a big impact on sound quality.

Is there any way to get a list of the specs/part numbers/brands of components that would help to freshen the crossovers on my CS3.6's. I am already planning on taking my CS3.6's to Rob at Coherent Audio to have the ferrofluid checks and get the later style speaker binding posts. I have Analysis Plus speaker wires that were quite expensive that are terminated with spade connections. These spades can't be tightened down quite enough, there is some rounding off evident on the plastic nuts. I told Rob that I would like him to do the later style which he said have slightly more durable metal speaker terminals and said he could do this. The cost did not seem that excessive to me compared with the turntable updates I am doing with my LInn LP12 turntable right now.

One more question: I am using Sound Anchors stands under my CS3.6s but nothing right now between the bottoms of the CS3.6's and the tops of the Sound Anchors. I could use the factory spikes and just get some cups to put on top of the Sound Anchors or maybe some of those cork/sorbothane squares I have seen would work. What suggestions would you have here. I get a lot of bass from my Bryston 4B2 amp but I get the feeling that I could tighten it up a bit in my second story carpeted listening room with some tweaks.

Masi - my suggestion is that you are doing well with sspur. Also, this forum has lots of information going back a few years with answers to lots of your questions - and there are people here with first-hand experience to guide you. I have not formally addressed the 3.6 and would be speculating with anything I would say. SSpur, Beetlemania and others here have solid experience regarding brands and outcomes. I will chip in as I can find time.
Tom

Single 17.5 chassis wire with +/- seperated , 
+ tweeter and midrange running together and - running together up the back and sides of the cabinet .
Rob