... abit confused: how does a power cord affect the presentation of sound...

Hello to all...

I was shifting around components in my system, trying to squeeze out better controlled bass, more definition within the soundstage, and better define the "voice/midrange" presentation...

I presently have a tube preamp (hardwired with a wall wart) into an HT Receiver; source is a Marantz SA-8001 CD Player

Swapped out a Yamaha HTR -5550 (hardwired) for a Parasound HCA-750A (which needs a power cord).

CD Player is powered with a PS Audio Statement SC power cord, so I went in my closet and pulled out another PS AUDIO Statement SC power cord, hooked it up and expect to give it at least 5 days continuous re-break-in before serious listening.

Took a minute to lookup reviews about this power cord - and I read some rather confusing reviews: some luved 'um, some liked 'um, but some thought them " ...slow... " (?), and giving a veiled presentation...

I'm gonna listen and decide myself - but I'm abit confused: how does a power cord affect the presentation of sound - I know that interconnects and speaker cables would/could/Do affect sound presentation - but how could a power cord?

Explanation/thoughts please...
insearchofprat
The best power cord is NO power cord.  Why adulterate that painstakingly selected Romex 14-2 cable and the two Siemens circuit breakers that supply that pure pristine electrical power to your outlet? Just remove the outlet and continue with a short run of Home Depot Romex directly to the power switch of your components.  Or just buy the plug and IEC jacks and construct your own power cable out of that magical Romex cable?  Keep it pure fellas.
Andy21 it is you that is trolling!, there is nothing in my original post that suggest that I've deliberately provoked anyone but you have in your last post. Get a life!!

Lols, I was referring to djones guy trolling and not you.
"All I was saying is this is an opinion "we" don't know any thing of the kind. If this statement is true then the reason for it is measurable, the power cord has some anomaly"

dowjones,
As I've stated before, I suspect some day science will catch up to our little hobby & figure out what measurement accurately correlates to what we hear with the human ears/brain.

They haven't yet.    
I am electrical engineer . Auburn University (War Eagle). Can't really see advantage of "super" power cables. That being said, I did buybuy: https://www.pangeaaudio.com/Pangea-Audio-AC-14-Power-Cable
Because they look cool. That's it, the look cool.