... abit confused: how does a power cord affect the presentation of sound...

Hello to all...

I was shifting around components in my system, trying to squeeze out better controlled bass, more definition within the soundstage, and better define the "voice/midrange" presentation...

I presently have a tube preamp (hardwired with a wall wart) into an HT Receiver; source is a Marantz SA-8001 CD Player

Swapped out a Yamaha HTR -5550 (hardwired) for a Parasound HCA-750A (which needs a power cord).

CD Player is powered with a PS Audio Statement SC power cord, so I went in my closet and pulled out another PS AUDIO Statement SC power cord, hooked it up and expect to give it at least 5 days continuous re-break-in before serious listening.

Took a minute to lookup reviews about this power cord - and I read some rather confusing reviews: some luved 'um, some liked 'um, but some thought them " ...slow... " (?), and giving a veiled presentation...

I'm gonna listen and decide myself - but I'm abit confused: how does a power cord affect the presentation of sound - I know that interconnects and speaker cables would/could/Do affect sound presentation - but how could a power cord?

Explanation/thoughts please...
insearchofprat
I wonder if anyone ever attempted to make a power cord out of spark plug wire.
As an electronics guy here is my opinion
 Take it or leave it.  A power cords whole purpose in life is to supply power.  Many manufacturer's will do a great job in circuit design,  power supply design and for some reason overlook the amperage rating of the power cord to consistantly deliver the needed power without losing the power through resistance loss in heat.  I have seen power cords warm to the touch on high quality power amps.  If you feel any heat anywhere from the plug on down,  then the power cord is under rated. In this forum I would think it can happen often.  Appliance power cords are cheap and you can direct connect them the same depending if they were soldered or used connectors.  To hear the difference it would cost much.  I would be more concerned with conditioning the power having voltage regulation,  RF filtering. Under voltage, over voltage and spike arrestor before looking at the cord. 
djones51, please reread my post, I never said that power cords and the impact they have on our systems can not be measured. Rather I'm not concerned with measurements, only with the way they sound in my system.
To  phd,
Ignore him.  He's just trolling all the cable threads and his posts make no sense.  I think he got nothing better to do.

Andy21 it is you that is trolling!, there is nothing in my original post that suggest that I've deliberately provoked anyone but you have in your last post. Get a life!!