Seeking advice on Speakers that create an intimate 2 channel listening experience

So the past month I started a couple of threads on speaker choice on AVS forum (One asked for Powered/Active floor standing Speaker choices and another one around non-active FS speakers for a tube amp I was looking at).

But I've come to realize this was the wrong tact, got lots of flack much deserved and wanted to try to solicit the advice/opinions on this forum which I just discovered.

Short background...Hunkered down in a suburb just outside NYC now for the past 3-4 months, I started to get the itch for a dedicated 2 channel stereo Turntable setup in our living room in May. After much research and twists and turns and immediate upgraditis, as some know on here from other posts, I've finally settled in and now own a Rega Planar 10 Turntable. I also own a Sutherland phono --20/20 with LPS and that's staying. Right now the phono preamp is hooked up direct to a pair of ELAC ARF51 floorstanding speakers (all drivers powered by built in AB amps) which I like a lot BUT ITS HERE THAT I WANT MORE. Btw, I love the ELAC design of mounting the tweeter concentric in the mid driver -- makes sense to me.  I kinda wish ELAC would take the same design and make a reference speaker but thats for another day.

So to swap out the ELACs, I will obviously need an amp, but I will figure that out later and want to focus on getting the right speakers for me for what I want. So what do I want?

1. Floorstanders. Close to full range as possible. No subs.
2. Looks count since in my main living room.
3. Speakers that prioritize Imaging Imaging Imaging. That disappear in the room creating an intimate but 3D listening experience. Clean (Accurate) warm sound. No distortion. I would easily sacrifice low end for untiring highs and warm mids I don't listen to metal or hiphop anymore so I don't need loudness, more like lounge experience if that makes sense. Apologize if I got the adjectives wrong but its personal description of what I'm seeking.
4. Price Point - -$10k-25k. Room is 22x18 with 25 foot ceiling

I would like to audition/demo before I buy and since I live in the Tri-State area it should be possible. But I'm finding that obviously difficult to do right now. I listened to a pair of Salk speakers but didn't love them. And have an appt with the Audio Doctor in NJ in two weeks.

Thanks in advance.
aj523
I own Triton One speakers. With both vinyl (Technics 1200MK2) and CD (Marantz) I can close my eyes, I have no idea where the speakers are situated, and I can point to the instruments in the orchestra. Amazing soundstage. Supposedly the Triton One R is a bit of a step up, at $6,000 a pair. I listen through an old Sony receiver, which I am about to replace with a Rogue Audio Sphinx V3 ($1,595). My research says Rogue Audio amps and Triron One speakers sound lovely together. You could spend a lot less than you are thinking, and be very happy.
I may be a little late to the game to add any meaningful advice, but incase You haven't made a decision yet.....

Regarding the Quads and the Maggies, I, over the years, have owned and immensely enjoyed both. For 20 years I had as my primary speakers in three different homes a pair of Quad ESL 63s. Along with these speakers, I was continually trying other speakers. By comparison, I found that the earlier Magnapans sounded a bit thin and nearly every box speaker, compared with the Quads, lacked the breath taking realness through the vocals and mids. The Quad ESL actually favor a slightly bright wall behind them. In their first home, there was a very large window behind covered only with light sheer drapes and were about 36" from the wall behind and a little over 2' from the side walls. They sounded incredible. I only sold in Lue of a small set of dynamic speakers when work moved me into a much smaller living environment.
I have been disillusioned by the new Quads, both by their manufacturing being moved to China and by their horrid record of reliability. My old ESL 63s had served without fail or fault for 20+ years and were still going strong when I sold them. A good or re-furbished pair of the Quad ESL 63s may be a good choice.

Now retired and back into a larger home (listening room approx.  14'Wx27'L and 10'H) I decided to try a pair of the newer Maggie 1.7s and fell in love. Unlike the early Maggies that, to me, sounded a bit thin, the new .7 Quasi Ribbon models (.7. 1.7i, 3.7i) sound not only detailed with a large stage, but also sound full and musically engaging. 
My 1.7s are about 46" from the wall behind, but you could get by with 3' as long as you have a set of heavy drapes that can be pulled across your large window, when listening and a carpet or throw rug in front of ea. speaker. They do require a bit of experimenting with distance apart and toe in but when finally getting their set up tweaked, I don't believe there is anything at anywhere near their respective cost, that is as musically. engaging....Jim 
@jhills. Thanks 

I hope one day to acquire a top of the line pair of Maggies or Quads for my man cave. Right now there are way too many variables to make it happen in our main living room, but I appreciate your candor. I did get to hear the 1.7s earlier this week at a Wilson dealer in NYC and the sound was pleasant.