What do/did you do for a living?

With the increasingly high priced items people own and are selling, I'm curious about the line of work people do or have done. I thought my $5k integrated was a massive investment, but seeing users searching for $100k speakers or $75k SET amplifiers has me curious about the varying lines of work people do to afford these items. 
128x128j-wall
Retired air traffic controller. After 22 years of telling people where to go and how to get there, I retired under mandatory rules. 8 years later, I’m still looking for work. I’m very lucky to have a pension, but after housing, car payment, credit card and grocery store and medical bills, there’s nothing left. So hoping to find a job that I can work for the next 6-8 years. And hoping I last that long. I wonder, too, what people do for work and what I could have done differently. Too many closed doors. And at 64 now, that’s about all there is.
My system is very basic. B&K ST-140 amp into some ancient Acousti-Craft speakers. Actually some Polk bookshelf speakers I have sound much better. But the A-Cs look really cool. Same Technics DD turntable I bought new in 1978 and an Eastern Electric tube pre with an Emotiva CD.
Sort of a mishmash really. But it’s been packed away for a year while I’ve been in a variety of transitions. So, my most-used system is my Macbook Air streaming Spotify. Or my iPhone and same.
I started in computer retail and then moved to a manufacturing company for almost the last 20 years. I make all decisions regarding IT and design software to run the business. 2 of my kids have recently moved out, so I converted a room to a listening room/office. It is sounding incredible with about $10K in. Still trying to find the right chair and about to put treatments up.

I actually got into the hobby in the 80's and car audio was the entry. When I heard Renegade by Styx on a subwoofer, I was blown away. 35 years later, I am in deeper than ever!
Work in sales at a transportation provider. Been in the hobby since late 70s, with limited means. I've never bought a new component, I can afford the used market much easier, and makes it s ton of fun to search out something specific that I want to try. A driverless pair of Thiel CS3.5's took me down the road of speaker building, and thanks to Floyd Tool and co, I've never left. Love the challenge of finding something I want on the used market. Feels satisfying to build something and enjoy the fruits. Cheers.
Respect to all those working and dont quit if you are making money and enjoy what you are doing.