What do/did you do for a living?

With the increasingly high priced items people own and are selling, I'm curious about the line of work people do or have done. I thought my $5k integrated was a massive investment, but seeing users searching for $100k speakers or $75k SET amplifiers has me curious about the varying lines of work people do to afford these items. 
128x128j-wall
Retired air traffic controller. After 22 years of telling people where to go and how to get there, I retired under mandatory rules. 8 years later, I’m still looking for work. I’m very lucky to have a pension, but after housing, car payment, credit card and grocery store and medical bills, there’s nothing left. So hoping to find a job that I can work for the next 6-8 years. And hoping I last that long. I wonder, too, what people do for work and what I could have done differently. Too many closed doors. And at 64 now, that’s about all there is.
My system is very basic. B&K ST-140 amp into some ancient Acousti-Craft speakers. Actually some Polk bookshelf speakers I have sound much better. But the A-Cs look really cool. Same Technics DD turntable I bought new in 1978 and an Eastern Electric tube pre with an Emotiva CD.
Sort of a mishmash really. But it’s been packed away for a year while I’ve been in a variety of transitions. So, my most-used system is my Macbook Air streaming Spotify. Or my iPhone and same.
I started in computer retail and then moved to a manufacturing company for almost the last 20 years. I make all decisions regarding IT and design software to run the business. 2 of my kids have recently moved out, so I converted a room to a listening room/office. It is sounding incredible with about $10K in. Still trying to find the right chair and about to put treatments up.

I actually got into the hobby in the 80's and car audio was the entry. When I heard Renegade by Styx on a subwoofer, I was blown away. 35 years later, I am in deeper than ever!
Work in sales at a transportation provider. Been in the hobby since late 70s, with limited means. I've never bought a new component, I can afford the used market much easier, and makes it s ton of fun to search out something specific that I want to try. A driverless pair of Thiel CS3.5's took me down the road of speaker building, and thanks to Floyd Tool and co, I've never left. Love the challenge of finding something I want on the used market. Feels satisfying to build something and enjoy the fruits. Cheers.