If you had to pick a laptop or mini-PC, which one?

I've been using an old Lenovo laptop as my server/streamer and continue to have issues getting it to work correctly.  So, I'm thinking of replacing it with something more updated.  

Considering another laptop or a min-PC.  Any opinions on good ones to look at?  I don't really care about the cost because I doubt it could be more than some of the music server/streamers that are out now.  

soundchasr
Do you think an i3 with only 8GB of ram is enough? Also, I have about 100GB of FLACs.  I could connect an external drive but that would take away one of the few USB ports.  Hmmm.
Yikes, a castrated CPU...

With a ssd and 16G of memory? Maybe? I wouldn't personally just not enough horse power for my preference and with the cost of CPUs not really worth it.

I would keep all your music on an internal drive or at least a NAS that connects via ethernet. All my flac are on a internal ssd drive in a Intel Nuc I prefer not to use usb.
The I mobile CPU is built on 10nm tech the U on 14nm. The U has better graphics and few other things that are not relevant to what you’re doing. There isn’t that much difference for what you want to do which is stream music you can do that with a celeron. For 100GB of music I wouldn’t waste money on a NAS. I keep more than that on a flash drive. You don’t need 16GB of ram I run a NUC with 8GB and do DSP conversion. All you said you wanted to do is stream music go whichever way you want but simple streaming isn’t taxing a computer.