If you had to pick a laptop or mini-PC, which one?

I've been using an old Lenovo laptop as my server/streamer and continue to have issues getting it to work correctly.  So, I'm thinking of replacing it with something more updated.  

Considering another laptop or a min-PC.  Any opinions on good ones to look at?  I don't really care about the cost because I doubt it could be more than some of the music server/streamers that are out now.  

soundchasr
I also have a Intel Nuc.

2 ssd hard drives it runs Plex for just my music right now but also does movies.

Connected to my pre by Hdmi. I was recently told about a linear power supply I can get for it that would further improve sound quality, I am considering it but I think it sounds pretty good right now.

I also have an Oppo I can play music from the Nuc with using DLNA. I have the option of playing from my pre off the Nuc using DLNA as well but being able to use Plex, browse and play music on a 75" tv is tough to beat.
Do you think an i3 with only 8GB of ram is enough? Also, I have about 100GB of FLACs.  I could connect an external drive but that would take away one of the few USB ports.  Hmmm.
Yikes, a castrated CPU...

With a ssd and 16G of memory? Maybe? I wouldn't personally just not enough horse power for my preference and with the cost of CPUs not really worth it.

I would keep all your music on an internal drive or at least a NAS that connects via ethernet. All my flac are on a internal ssd drive in a Intel Nuc I prefer not to use usb.