Tekton Design Moab

Ordered a pair just now. In Dark Gray, to which Tammy immediately said, "Oh the Charcoal is beautiful!" Charcoal sounds better than Dark Gray (even though we are talking about the same color!) so Charcoal it is!  

My beloved Talon Khorus do still sound awfully good. It will be interesting to see how the Moabs stock out of the box compare with these tweaked and modded warhorses. Both the strength, and the weakness, of the Khorus is using the 10" woofer to cover so much midrange. Its a strength because it makes for a very smooth and cohesive sound. But its a weakness because its asking a lot of such a large driver to go so high. Talon makes up for it with their isobaric design. Mounted inside and directly behind the woofer is another identical driver facing the opposite direction. The idea is this relieves the front facing driver of having to compress the air inside the cabinet. This does allow for a much faster response, and is a big reason for the wonderful music the Khorus produces. 

I have a feeling however it is no match for Eric Alexander's ultra-low mass driver array solution. Only one way to know for sure. So we will just have to see!  

https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/8367 
128x128millercarbon
Wow it is obvious that p05129 has a real problem with tekton. Almost sounds personal but mostly it is clear he has not heard them.
I am curious about the WAYS you will make them sound at their optimal potential....

Initial setup will be almost exactly where the Khorus were, as this has been ideal for several different speakers. They will be toed in to focus several feet behind me, ie R pointed at R shoulder, L at L shoulder. This has been my preference with several other speakers, and Eric recommends it as well. Their locations will be as absolutely level and symmetrical as I can manage, ie well within 1/16". In other words almost exactly the same as the Khorus.
Despite their large size this should actually be a bit easier, as the Khorus were a tapered obelisk shape while these are nice and square. Perfect for laser leveling and aiming.  

As cool as the laser is my main means of assuring perfect symmetry is to measure from the side and front walls to three corners of each speaker. The laser is more of a double-check. Probably more important with these since they are so tall, they could be perfect at the base and even a slight tilt put them way off at tweeter level. Being even slightly off ruins imaging so we want to get it right.

Wish I had something fancy but it will probably be turning a Cone to raise or lower, then shim it up nice and snug once its right. HFT speaker kit and ready to rumble!

I dont think that you will be able to explain that and appreciate them fully at first listening, except if you hate them from the beginning...

Exactly.
Roxy54 and randym860,
 Each successive post from p05129 is increasingly bizarre and vindictive. So obviously personal in nature.   Some psychiatric intervention may be in order. Really bewildering chain of multiple posts. This endeavor is about enjoying music via one's preference of audio components/system.  There's no need to go off the deep end.
Charles 
As I have said before don't listen to other people listen to the equipment if it makes you smile then that is what matters.