System- so many questions

I’m just trying to figure this streaming stuff figured out! I’ve searched these forums and they tend to just confuse me more it seems. 
I’m looking for a “blueprint” for priority for improved streaming SQ to be upgraded over time.
 At present I’m Only streaming directly from the services and NOT using any stored music on a hard drive etc. but I’m not adverse to that especially if it would benefit SQ. 
My system- 
Odyssey Audio Kismet amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp 
Bluesound Node 2i streamer/DAC 
Ascend Sierra 2EX stand mount speakers (pair)
Audioquest Niagara 1200 conditioner / protector W/ Audioquest Monsoon power cable
Audioquest Edison 15 amp outlet (not yet installed)
Rel 5/SHO sub
mix of Cullen and Groneburg cablesArris Surfboard SB6183 modem 
Netgear Nighthawk router ( not sure of the model but it was pretty decent about five years ago)
CAT 5e cable from router To Node
Cat 6 (I believe) from modem to router

I’m using Qobuz, Deezer hi-res and Radio Paradise streaming from within the Bluesound OS controlled by IPhone 11. I’m also quite intrigued by Roon and am thinking about getting into that as well. 
I’m only concerned about 2.1 channel and i’m also not wanting to stream to other rooms etc.
I really do think that I have a pretty darn good setup especially for the money but I would like to wring all the SQ possible out of it. 
Regarding money, please know that it has taken me quite a long while to get this system together and much of has been/ still is being financed. In other words, my funds are very limited and especially in these chaotic times. 
Ok now down to brass tacks: 
No strict budget because I’m looking to add things in the order of (hopefully) maybe a few hundred dollars at a time. 

I would say that The Node 2i is the relatively weak link for me equipment wise and I am looking for suggestions as to a better DAC and/or streamer. 

Some things are pretty obvious even to me such as upgrading my modem , router and Ethernet wires especially since they need to be upgraded anyway for gaming etc.

Qobuz is recommending UBiquiti products and they look pretty good and fairly reasonable to me. 
The question from me though is exactly what to purchase and how to set it up? Would the addition of a laptop etc. be beneficial in terms of SQ and ease of use? I have two now but both are about 8 years old and were pretty low end even then. One has an older Windows OS on it ( which I hate) and the other has an older Linux Distro. I’m not very computer savvy and I suppose that all things being equal I would probably prefer something as simple as possible and not have to keep a laptop running constantly. Would a switch(?) such as Uptone EtherRegen be helpful and if so where would it go? Would an Ethernet cable(s) with built in filter be helpful? 
Sorry for the novel here but the only way That I feel that I could ever understand the best approach is to just lay it all out and go from there. 
Thanks! 

bacchus1234
Some options you could consider near term that could help squeeze more out of your digital front end:

1- Replace the switch mode power supplies on your cable modem and Netgear router.   I recommend the Sbooster LPS ($400), but you could try less expensive ones.  Many people have purchased LPS's on Ebay for much much less that they are happy with.

2 - Aris Modem to Netgear Router ethernet cable:  Check out Blue Jeans cable Cat6a.  A quality, affordable, shielded ethernet cable.  They will send the cable with a test report. ($14/foot)

3 - Netgear to Node 2i cable:  Look out some of the affordable audio grade ethernet cables, like the Pangea SE sold by Audio Advisor ($35).

4 - Upgrade power cable on Node 2i.  Audioquest makes a C7 power cord for $75.

I agree with everyone above:  time for an external DAC - which is a journey in itself.

But, in my opinion, it's a good idea to get the above network plumbing done - regardless if it's before or after you get a new dac.

Once you get an external dac, you can look into ethernet filtering (Etherregen, Gigafoil, fiber converters, etc) and/or upgrade your node2i to something else (or have it modded).  At least, that's the approach i would take - many ways you could go depending on available funds.

Good luck!
You do need an external DAC with the Node 2i, but I've found it doesn't have to be an expensive DAC.  For instance, I'm using a Schiit Modi 3, and it sounds great, but if you move up to a Chord Mojo (about $400 now), you get a big jump in sound quality.  There are lots of good, cheap DACs out there.
One possible “hiccup” regarding upgrading my modem/router is that fiber optic is not available to me at the moment but I do expect it reasonably soon. Even then, I’m not sure which companies will be providing it. Maybe this is an issue, or maybe not and perhaps I’m just overthinking things. 
While searching through posts on streaming it seems that Chord, Benchmark, Mytek ,RME and others were well represented. I had kind of more or less talked myself into keeping to an R2R DAC but now I’m thinking that one of those might POSSIBLY  be too smooth with too little detail? In my system with a SS amp and tube preamp, my overall goal is to try to get as much detail possible without any glare or fatigue. Perhaps that’s just everyone’s goal too but I’m Definitely actively working toward that goal. 
The “sound” of a DAC is system dependent, and also dependent on your ears. If dealing with a brick and mortar store, try to find one that will let you do home audition. If dealing online, there’s plenty of reputable vendors with 30 day or 60 return policies.