What tonearm is recommended for the denon 103r

I know this has been covered before a million times, but I can't find one thread in which the title mentions this. Thank you.
pedrillo
I have finished all optimizations. In my system, the ART-9 had a modest edge over my Marantz SA10 for most recordings that were done recently (e.g. some recent 24-192 productions like Miles Davis Kind of Blue, and In a Silent Way etc.). The DL103R maintains the same edge. I have managed to extract a bit more from it than I could from ART-9 by changing cartridge loading to a higher 300 Ohms. I have however the suspicion that my phono stage gain was not perfectly optimized for the ART-9 as I had to keep the amp volume at 9 'O clock. Now I am able to crank it up to 10 with DL103R thanks to its lower output, but I should have set phono gain at a slightly lower level with ART-9. All in all, this is the great escape!
I have managed to extract a bit more from it than I could from ART-9 by changing cartridge loading to a higher 300 Ohms.

I don't understand how you can extract a bit more using Conical stylus instead of LineContact ? It's quite opposite direction. Maybe it's personal preferences. 

The lowest possible gain for MC is always preferable until the sound is acceptable. 

You can always unload you cartridge using 1000 Ohm or higher. 

Here's a left field option.

I had a 103, it came with a Jelco 750L when I bought a TT package. What a dog! Set up by a dealer the sound was bloated and grainy. I just couldn't understand the fuss as by rights it should have been a good match for the arm. I swapped it out for an AT PTGii which worked nicely.

When looking for a new tonearm I had the chance to compare an SME V vs Funk FXR on the same table with the same cart. The Funk was several steps ahead offering a different level of insight. A big surprise.

Did some further research and ended up buying a Funk Firm FX3. A big improvement over the Jelco. I also bought a new cart so figured I'd keep the AT as a spare and sell the 103. I put the 103 on the Funk to check all was in order and got quiet the shock. It sounded wonderful, the bloat gone replaced by a delicious full bottom end that the AT only hints at. Still a touch grainy but what can one expect at the price. It sounded great and I ended up selling the AT

Long story to get to the point - I've no doubt the modestly priced Funk Firm arm would bring a 103r to life. 
Hi all,

There are many folks are using denon 103R with Pioneer PLX1000 TT. Which headshell you are using with it? Stock one?
Thank you