Bricasti M3 In the house

Just got a Bricasti M3 with the Ethernet renderer module. Looking forward to breaking this piece in. First impressions are: it’s a winner. I am curious what ways folks who have this DAC (or other Bricasti models) run it; over ethernet or USB? I will report my findings as the days tick by; Right now it’s cooking on ethernet out of my InnuOs Zenith MKIII into an ether-regen into the M3;
Thanks!
Dave
128x128dpac996
You had a 380D too... that is funny.  Yea, we all hear differently and like/emphasize different things in our listening.   I've had a few folks tell me I should upgrade my streamer before I seriously compare my DACs or really hear what the M3 can do.   I'm using a RaspberyPi with S/PDIF output running Roon streaming over a Shunyata Anaconda digital cable.  If I buy the M3 again I'll be sure to get the Ethernet streamer.

I'm just hesitant to spend big bucks on a standalone streamer when the Pi works so well running Roon and at least without comparison still sounds amazing.   The little Pi just sits quietly running Roon 24/7 with no issue.  I maybe should have just paid to get the Mind2 card for the 380D and kept it another 5 years...

The RME is a German made DAC (based on their pro gear) and the latest version uses the AK4493.   I've enjoyed AKM DACs in the past.
The Topping uses the AK4499 and for $800 includes  PCM32bit / 768 kHz, DSD512 Native, and MQA; how do you go wrong with all of that :)

Anyhow, I'll report back after I spend some time with each; will I miss my M3 ?
@ddafoe, Since your RaspberyPi with the S/PDIF output running Roon is sounding great, I seen no reason to replace it.  It is cost effective and is doing the job.   

As you posted, your goal is to "try a few new things".  I encourage you to try the RME DAC and also the Topping DAC.   You need to hear these DAC's in your system to determine how they sound.

If possible, I suggest you give the Ayre CODEX DAC a 
listen.   I temporarily used it in my main audio system and it sounded excellent.  It gets warm so it does need ventilation.   I suggest you use it balanced output to your amplifier since it will sound better with balanced outputs.    
@ddafoe Looking forward to hearing about the dacs.

I did a dac shootout this fall, and comparing a lot of different chips/approaches was quite informative.  I ended up with an audio mirror, and people wanted to tell me that my ears were wrong because you're "supposed" to like Lampizators better. Different systems and different ears = different preferences.

Do report back to add some data points. Good luck.
Hello everybody. I have recently owned the m3 bricasti and I would like to know if my dac already mounts the new mdx card. How can I know? On the display I read mdx 1.0.
Also I would like to know why my daphile mounted on a futro via usb doesn't see the bricasti. thank you all