Absolute Best CD Players Out There Under $12k ?

Ok, I'm looking to upgrade my CD Player. It's the last part of my uber-headphone system and I'm hoping to get the best player possible for under $12k used. I know that affords me alot of options, and I imagine I'll do some travelling and testing before I buy, but I wanted some opinions first. Right now, these are the main ones I'm considering:

*Reimyo CDP-777
*Linn Sondek CD12
*Naim CDS3/XPS2
*Wadia 270/27
*Wadia 861se w/Statement mod from GNSC
*Meridian 808
*EMM Labs Meitner CDSD/Dac6
*Esoteric DV-50 with full mods from Reference Audio Mods
*Classe Omega SACD

I'm not so much into characteristics - the overall performance is more important for me. But I do need a player with great bass (both in extension, detail, and volume) as my headphones are a bit bass shy. Any reviews/comparisons would be much appreciated.
no1willfan
Hmmm, Norm, yet think of the savings. . . the D-01 DACs are only half chassis boxes. This means that you will require only 4 Halcyonics for your front end instead of 5. So the front end would cost only 56K + 28K for the platforms = 84K. Oh Wow, that's a full 7.5K savings!
Oh never mind, I forgot to take into account PCs and digital ICs.
$8000 platforms with a $3000 player. Hmmmmm, I'll bet you guys mount $5000 racing tires on your Yugos too. Same rationale.
Judy, to be more precise, as the Hugo is sadly no longer in production, we all mount 8K cryotreated contact-enhanced tires on our NOS Hugos. Sorry. . . tis a matter of 'pride of ownership'.
Some of your responses really make me smile.

It is really fascinating how the relativist always thinks their opinions rein supreme. But why would they think thus? Are they not the first to admit truth does not exist and that nobody can know it? By their own admission, at best their opinions are no better than any other. At worst, they are dead wrong.

I'd like to see how they balance their checkbooks and what they might say to the bank rep when the numbers don't match. -Connie