Absolute Best CD Players Out There Under $12k ?

Ok, I'm looking to upgrade my CD Player. It's the last part of my uber-headphone system and I'm hoping to get the best player possible for under $12k used. I know that affords me alot of options, and I imagine I'll do some travelling and testing before I buy, but I wanted some opinions first. Right now, these are the main ones I'm considering:

*Reimyo CDP-777
*Linn Sondek CD12
*Naim CDS3/XPS2
*Wadia 270/27
*Wadia 861se w/Statement mod from GNSC
*Meridian 808
*EMM Labs Meitner CDSD/Dac6
*Esoteric DV-50 with full mods from Reference Audio Mods
*Classe Omega SACD

I'm not so much into characteristics - the overall performance is more important for me. But I do need a player with great bass (both in extension, detail, and volume) as my headphones are a bit bass shy. Any reviews/comparisons would be much appreciated.
no1willfan
Ask Bwhite what he thinks, you might be very surprised and could save yourself $8k.

The Reimyo CDP777 is very special. It is so musical, that I actually look forward to listening to CDs. In fact, I find that CDs reproduced on it are as musically satisfying as the SACD or DVD-A. Only vinyl still outperforms the CDP-777 in my system.

Right on Splaskin. The Reimyo CDP-777 is a VERY special player. I hear few TOP SACD player's in my system before I decided to go with the Reimyo, there not much differences when listed to SACD on the others player's matter of fact to me The Reimyo sounds much better, detail, beautiful midrange, dynamic, open, well balance top to bottom, musicality and thundering impact!. even thought the Reimyo is NOT a SACD player it performance is Incredible! You must hear the CDP777 unit to appreciate the palatability of the music sounds. They reproduce words that cannot describe the experience. In my personal opinion the Reimyo CDP777 is one of the best single box CDP money can buy.

No1willfan if you come across to try them all on your system you should cause that's the REAL Test, Hearing is Believing!

Good Luck.
You are right, Robm, but obviously many find it worth it. I love it but could not bring myself to buy one especially as I want to have SACD capability, necessitating another expensive unit. There are certainly other more expensive digital front ends that I find do not equal the Reimyo even comparing SACDs to cds.