A challenge to the "measurement" camp

I’ve watched some of his video and I actually agree on some of what he said,
but he seems too confident on his insistence on measurement. For those
who expound on the merits of blind test and measurement, why not turn
the table upside down?

Why not do a blind test of measurement? That is I will supply all the measurement
you want, can you tell me which is a better product?

For example, if I have a set of cable, and a set of measurement for each
individual cable, can you tell me which is the best cable based on measurement
alone? I will supply all the measurement you want.
After all, that is what you’re after right? Objective result and not subjective
listening test.

Fast forward to 8:15 mark where he keeps ranting about listening test
without measurement.  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=katmUM-Xelw

By the way, is he getting paid by Belden?  Because he keeps talking about it
and how well it measures.  I've had some BlueJean cables and they can easily
bettered by some decent cables.  
andy2
I don't think you even know what the term "isolation"means. Technically a transformer with non-connected windings is "isolated".  It is also not called a power conditioner, it is called AC REGENERATOR. At least have some idea about what we are talking about so you don't make yourself look so foolish.  Would you like me to draw you a block diagram for one?
A transformer is not an "isolator".  There is something called "mutual inductance".  Electrical 101.  If you open the secondary coil, the primary coil could go high impedance.

Atadavid, you don't know electrical engineering.  Basically transformer like that should be understood by first year student.
You really don't understand this concept of isolation or even what the noise sources are in an audio system do you?  Other than converting voltages, the primary function of a transformer is ELECTRICAL ISOLATION.  I know, pretty tough concept to understand.

If the primary and secondary of a transformer didn't allow power to transfer across the ISOLATION BARRIER, then you would have a hard time getting your audio equipment to work wouldn't you?  You don't want to isolate frequencies that are necessary to make your equipment to work ... be rather pointless.  But fortunately, most transformers have somewhat limited bandwidth which is good, so they act as pretty good ISOLATORS to harmonics on the AC line, mainly due to leakage inductance which may be parasitic or may be intentional.

Because of the ISOLATION BARRIER, transformers are also very good at ISOLATING the output from common mode noise, i.e. from other noisy items on the AC line, and/or EMI/RF injection. Parasitic capacitance in the transformer will allow some of that to cross the isolation barrier, however that is why better transformers will include electrostatic shields to ISOLATE the primary and secondary winding from parasitic capacitive effects. Depending on the winding construction, they may even have several electrostatic shields.

What's sort of funny is neophytes like you assume AC power cords that are good at passing high frequencies must be best to handle "power peaks", but that is not the case, and even some (many) experienced designers make that mistake in their thinking. Ideally you just want 60Hz (or 50), which gets rectified which implements a modulation function and gives you guess what ... 0Hz = DC, and if you sufficiently filter the incoming AC, you get closer and closer to that, but switch mode supplies in this regard can be much better.

Sorry to be so verbose, but I figured you could use the lesson so you didn't look like someone who just regurgitates things they read on the web.
OK, where did you "copy and paste" from?  You don't even understand what you're posting.  I am telling you david there is no such thing as "isolation".  You are just using layman language for electrical engineering that is not even accurate.  
You can google all you want, you know how to use Google right? Google all you want, you will never find that text anywhere on the web because I just wrote that quickly off the top of my head. May want to clue in at some point that one of us knows what they are doing .. It’s not you.

"layman language" ... hardly. Inaccurate? ... hardly. Which is really rather hilarious as you wouldn’t know if it was or not.