Levinson 5805

Well, my 4 month old Mark Levinson 5805 has pooped the bed. No lights, nada.
incoming fuse is good.
back to the shop, we will see what they say. I am hoping for a replacement if it is not something simple.
thank goodness for a good dealer. They offered a loaner, but I'll wait a few days before lugging another one of these things around LOL.
I really love the sound of it.. hoping it is something stupid.

no_money
I also have a 5805 for about a year now. Like it's sound. Every firmware update has different problems now intermediately locks up on power off. Have to disconnect power and reboot. 
Wow, kind of eye-opening to read about all these problems.  Are Levinsons in general known for having reliability issues?  Just the 5805?  Or other current generation amps/pres?
From what I am told, just the 5805 version. 5802 is not having the same issues, nor are the 585 / 585.5 series.
Looks like more beta testing should have been done. I am sure they will make it right for everyone in the end its just a PITA that we should not have to deal with.
Its very hard to beat for the money.. once they get it right though. Just a fun amp to listen to.

They offered me a deal on a 585.5 I could not resist.
So I have had the 585.5 for about a week now. I can say it is very neutral, and has plenty of power. I feel it offers a more solid sound stage. The Phono section is downright killer.
Hello no_money,

It's been my experience that ML gear in general is very good at portraying a very good three dimensional sound stage that is solid and stable while also being very realistic/palpable and natural.  I believe having plenty of high quality amp power is also critical for a system to accurately reproduce the impact and dynamics of live music, especially in the bass regions, and therefore to faithfully portray a realistic/palpable, 3D and natural sound stage in our rooms.
    It seems like the ML 585.5 is more than capable of doing this in your system and room.  Congrats and enjoy!

Tim