This Equipment Recommendation Actually Worked Out Well!

It's an inexpensive isolation transformer. Thanks shkong78 for recommending it in these forums! I understand now. It delivers!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00R5CDG8O/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1  It has  "transformed" the performance of my Nuwave DAC and unlocked the potential of my Klipsch speakers into a more intimate, alive, and powerful sound, with new transparency, clarity and imaging. 

I've owned higher quality power products in years gone by, Shunyata Hydra, PS Power Plant, Purepower regenerator, PS Ultimate Outlet, even a Oneac power conditioner, but didn't understand how to use them properly. I learned the hard way that these devices are not meant for use with amps where they blunt the SQ. Should have limited their use to front end gear like DACs yes!! I have the Nuwave plugged into the isolation transformer by itself. That has made the sound of my system almost unrecognizable (in a good way). For me, this is one of the audio best buys! This one surprised me!
foster_9
The electrical engineering answer is noise reduction on the input power. Isolation transformers are progressively more lossy as you diverge from their design frequency, which is 60 Hz.

Right.
I have used them with GREAT results (typically 2-3 kVA commercial units though that cost >>>$1000)2. As well designed power supply pulls DC transients from storage capacitors, not the wall> for example past designs of mine that can delver > 40A instantaneously (to the speakers) operate just fine with a 3A slow blow fuse on the AC mains. Do the math. 
Right. Been saying this over and over again. Mine is only 1kVA but works fine even now after adding a projector and two Dayton sub amps that on paper take it way over that on peaks. https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/8367
Thanks itsjustme and millercarbon, I appreciate all the technical information added to the thread. millercarbon - great setup! Saw those Talon Khorus; I used to own the Ravens - what a nut I was to part with those!

redwoodaudio, when I was using the power plant premier, I had all different gear than I have now, and I was trying to use it with an amplifier, which degraded the sound. In the past, I was always buying power devices (conditioners, regenerators, etc.) for my integrated or separate amplifier. I know now, the amplifier loads were too much for the power devices I had, and I shouldn’t have tried it. I was so intent on amplifier performance and not on the front end. This was years ago and I’ve learned. I’ve since seen major changes in the performance of my current setup by focusing more on the front end (DAC). Even with power cords, in past years I focused on amplifier performance. Now I look to enhancing the performance of my DAC, and a power cord change and the isolation transformer have made a major improvement in the SQ.

I had my Amp, DAC, Transport and Phono stage all plugged through Hydra. Yesterday DAC and Phono were connected through suggested transformer. Well, I can not agree more with foster_9, that is exactly how I would put in words my impressions. I think the DAC has little bit more of improvement than Phono, which has  more than noticeable in itself, and it is only after first session of listening. I will be replacing two receptacles in the transformer due them being too close to each other, creating problem of connecting two plugs ay once.

Thanks!

I bought a torus max isolation transformer based on the ideas here. Got it open box for 1k.  Thing weighs 50 lbs and can easily power all my equipment. Hard to describe differences, but I think overall everything sounds cleaner.  Not sure I would gamble with random Amazon stuff though...