Streamer Value Question Innous vs Bluesound

I am ready to try streaming again after my 1st failed effort.
I had owned the basic Roon streamer. 

I plan to use the Roon with Tidal service but not
the Roon hardware this time around.

I am now comparing the Innuos Zen Mini @ $1,250 v.s. the
Bluesound Vault 2i @ $1,295. 

The better Innuos is about $4,400.
If you add the reclocker and linear power supply to
 the Mini you are also getting closer to $4k.

Now here is my thought: Buy the Vault and plan to find
a DAC upgrade- currently I have an Oppo 205.
This will bring me the better SQ result overall I think.

What have others found?

chorus
Roon Nucleus has both internal and external hard drive capability for archiving CD's.  Roon's best feature is to mix your owned CD's along side your streaming service selections.  Add the metadata and you are all set for a great listening session.
@audionoobie
 07-08-2020 4:51am

If you are using Roon, try the Roon core with squeezelite option on the Innous.  It is remarkably better than Roon core on the Innous.  It may change your mind about which sounds better.
Skip the Nucleus and install a Roon Core on your existing laptop or computer.  I run mine on an iMac that stays on 24x7.
I have an Innuos Zenith Mk II that I really like.  The detail is great without getting all analytic.  I've corresponded a bit with the people in England, and they are great to deal with.  My only complaint is that ipeng is a big i-pain.  I often forego the remote and just log into the lms server in a web browser from my laptop.  (It seems you can't simply write my.innuous.com:9000, you need your dotted decimal address.)
I am going with jason's suggestion. When a clearly superior product with good support and priced reasonably- aka Schiit Audio- I will
think about a purchase.