Streamer Value Question Innous vs Bluesound

I am ready to try streaming again after my 1st failed effort.
I had owned the basic Roon streamer. 

I plan to use the Roon with Tidal service but not
the Roon hardware this time around.

I am now comparing the Innuos Zen Mini @ $1,250 v.s. the
Bluesound Vault 2i @ $1,295. 

The better Innuos is about $4,400.
If you add the reclocker and linear power supply to
 the Mini you are also getting closer to $4k.

Now here is my thought: Buy the Vault and plan to find
a DAC upgrade- currently I have an Oppo 205.
This will bring me the better SQ result overall I think.

What have others found?

chorus
I recently bought a ZenMini MK3, a Cambridge Audio CXN V2 and subscribed to Roon. I owned a CXN V1 and subscribed Tidal before. I paid 1.700 €, I sold my old CXN for 400 €.

The ZenMini MK3 is used as a Server for our CDs (archiving is super simple). 
I am not using the Innuos Player and apps, can’t comment on that.

Roon is a great graphic user interface for our 2.000+ CDs. What I like best: their RAAT protocol ... music sounds so
much better compared to playback from my MacBook via USB or Airplay. Somehow even Tidal Sounds better through roon.

I didn’t compare the ZenMini to a BluSound Vault - I wanted to get into roon. Comparing with a nucleus: I missed a CD archive function, the nucleus got more power for DSP functions (which I do not need at the moment) and is more expensive.

Soundquality: the DAC in the ZenMini is ok. Hooking up my amp (Exposure XM5) with the ZenMini via USB is better (details, bass). Through the CXN It sounds marvellous: great details, wider soundstage. 
I do not plan to get the LPSU power supply nor the reclocker. I believe roons RAAT protocol does the trick to eliminate jitter. I might get another (roon ready) Streamer/DAC.

(My next audio project is to set up a secondary system for my husband - I am probably using an old Google Chromecast Audio hard wire it to a Router and use it’s TosLink to feed my old CXA60 amp with roon.)
Roon Nucleus has both internal and external hard drive capability for archiving CD's.  Roon's best feature is to mix your owned CD's along side your streaming service selections.  Add the metadata and you are all set for a great listening session.
@audionoobie
 07-08-2020 4:51am

If you are using Roon, try the Roon core with squeezelite option on the Innous.  It is remarkably better than Roon core on the Innous.  It may change your mind about which sounds better.
Skip the Nucleus and install a Roon Core on your existing laptop or computer.  I run mine on an iMac that stays on 24x7.