You can't have too many bass traps...

Hej

I've read that you can't have too many bass traps. Is that really true? 
simna
The biggest problem are when reflected bass hits the generated bass from the speakers and cancels itself out, creating a bass NULL.

I'm going to disagree.  I've measured 20 dB peaks as well in a modest living room.  That peak prevented the subwoofer level from coming up. Nulls, if narrow enough, may not even be heard, peaks though are ugly to listen to. 

I'm going to disagree. I've measured 20 dB peaks as well in a modest living room. That peak prevented the subwoofer level from coming up. Nulls, if narrow enough, may not even be heard, peaks though are ugly to listen to.

Not disagreeing with you.  peaks can also be a problem.

Mike Lavigne, 

Just looking at pictures of your amazing room. Where are the bass traps in the back hiding? Is there scrim on the back walls?
I recently treated my room with GIK products.  All my panels are called bass traps but they are used for multiple things.  I have 3 first reflection point panels.  Bass traps on the front wall sitting on the floor and diffusion panels on the back wall.  I had previously bought some corner foam traps from Amazon but not sure how effective they are.  I feel this was a very nice improvement in bass and soundstaging.  A question I have had though is that I have a Type A decibel meter but it only seems to pick up mid range accurately.  Do I need a Type A/C?