What do you sit on?

As my system has improved I am spending more time listening but my "sweet spot" is not as comfortable as I would like. I'm looking at new chairs, recliners, etc.  This is one topic I have not seen discussed on Audiogon. What kind of chair, perhaps what specific manufacturers are favored by experienced audiophiles? Maybe a little crowd sourcing in this area might turn up some overlooked gems in the way of listening room furniture.
Ag insider logo xs@2xbruce19
I agree with you 👍 Although, you must'nt find some of mine quite so funny, as three of mine (in response) were deleted today, which conformed with moderator rules. 😉
I rarely sit when listening to music (making dinner doing other stuff on the patio).

However, having a way compromised back (3 shattered load bearing vertebrae plus 3 fractured middle back's and numerous collapsed/gone-history disks) I've ended up using a simple Director's Chair for our computer setup.

The computer rig is the only place I sit for an hour+, or so.

As I need to reposition myself constantly this is the best solution I've found to date, and the chairs come in various seat height versions.

When I really want to just listen to music without distractions I lay on the sofa with my legs elevated (the main system speakers are positioned for this).

This said, per recent measurements, I'm 5'11" and 160 pounds (lost 2" and 20 pounds in the past 25 years) so take this into consideration as such a chair may not be suitable for heavier weights.

Having spent 12+ years in the high end interior design industry (previous life;-) I'm well accustomed with chairs and their comfort levels/builds.

Anyway, my suggestion is a decent Director's Chair if your weight  comfortably allows such (and if you are extra thin/bony add a pillow to the seat for added padding comfort).

DeKay

Check out the IMG Comfort line out of Norway at your local Scandinavian furniture shop when things permit.
https://imgcomfort.com/us/collection/They have motorized & mechanical recliners plus the two piece chair & ottoman style and couches, etc. Fantastic leather choices, extremely comfortable and ergonomic--fall asleep in one all the time.  I met them years ago at the CES after buying one recliner retail locally, then bought another. Highly recommended.
@millercarbon,
Is this the chair you were thinking of,,,,https://relaxtheback.com/collections/zero-gravity-chairs/products/novus-zero-gravity-recliner?varian...I came across it when going though the search of old threads on this site thoughtfully provided by Steakster. It looks pretty appealing.