This Equipment Recommendation Actually Worked Out Well!

It's an inexpensive isolation transformer. Thanks shkong78 for recommending it in these forums! I understand now. It delivers!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00R5CDG8O/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1  It has  "transformed" the performance of my Nuwave DAC and unlocked the potential of my Klipsch speakers into a more intimate, alive, and powerful sound, with new transparency, clarity and imaging. 

I've owned higher quality power products in years gone by, Shunyata Hydra, PS Power Plant, Purepower regenerator, PS Ultimate Outlet, even a Oneac power conditioner, but didn't understand how to use them properly. I learned the hard way that these devices are not meant for use with amps where they blunt the SQ. Should have limited their use to front end gear like DACs yes!! I have the Nuwave plugged into the isolation transformer by itself. That has made the sound of my system almost unrecognizable (in a good way). For me, this is one of the audio best buys! This one surprised me!
foster_9
Interesting recommendation. What's the electrical engineering explanation for the improvement with this? You didn't get any benefit from the power plants? More description of your experience would be cool. 
Would this type of isolation transformer remove DC in the AC line? Had an amp that would randomly shut down, manufacturer (Primare) said it was probably caused by DC on the AC power line.
Someone asked why an isolation transformer could be beneficial. Its more a question of "how could it NOT be beneficial". They are almost always used in sensitive labs.

The electrical engineering answer is noise reduction on the input power. Isolation transformers are progressively more lossy as you diverge from their design frequency, which is 60 Hz. SO in theory power stays, noise is attenuated. My (doubtful) guess on why (other iso transformers) didn’t work well with big amps plugged in is that they restricted power delivery (instantaneous). I find this strange for two reasons:

1. I have used them with GREAT results (typically 2-3 kVA commercial units though that cost >>>$1000)2. As well designed power supply pulls DC transients from storage capacitors, not the wall> for example past designs of mine that can delver > 40A instantaneously (to the speakers) operate just fine with a 3A slow blow fuse on the AC mains. Do the math.

I do ack that you can get a lot more out of them by plugging ALL your low power devices into them. Just plug the current - hungry power amps into the wall. A typical DAC or preamp (high end variety) draws less than 30W, many less. Tubes, ok ,more (but not that much more).

I run both an ISO transformer and a custom made power filter with chokes and shunt capacitors. I need to make one for my "B" (living room) system.
G
The electrical engineering answer is noise reduction on the input power. Isolation transformers are progressively more lossy as you diverge from their design frequency, which is 60 Hz.

Right.
I have used them with GREAT results (typically 2-3 kVA commercial units though that cost >>>$1000)2. As well designed power supply pulls DC transients from storage capacitors, not the wall> for example past designs of mine that can delver > 40A instantaneously (to the speakers) operate just fine with a 3A slow blow fuse on the AC mains. Do the math. 
Right. Been saying this over and over again. Mine is only 1kVA but works fine even now after adding a projector and two Dayton sub amps that on paper take it way over that on peaks. https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/8367
Thanks itsjustme and millercarbon, I appreciate all the technical information added to the thread. millercarbon - great setup! Saw those Talon Khorus; I used to own the Ravens - what a nut I was to part with those!

redwoodaudio, when I was using the power plant premier, I had all different gear than I have now, and I was trying to use it with an amplifier, which degraded the sound. In the past, I was always buying power devices (conditioners, regenerators, etc.) for my integrated or separate amplifier. I know now, the amplifier loads were too much for the power devices I had, and I shouldn’t have tried it. I was so intent on amplifier performance and not on the front end. This was years ago and I’ve learned. I’ve since seen major changes in the performance of my current setup by focusing more on the front end (DAC). Even with power cords, in past years I focused on amplifier performance. Now I look to enhancing the performance of my DAC, and a power cord change and the isolation transformer have made a major improvement in the SQ.