good discussion on power cords

jimf421
Yes, but only if it could provide a minimum of 26 lb of drag pressure.  A twin-drag system would be preferable.🐟🎣
Geoff:

"Next up, the pros and cons of micro arcing"

Micro arcing has placed havoc on our faucets (the seats, though easily replaceable, go first - then eventually the faucet structure itself) ever since cable TV was installed in our apartment building.

The cable companies "ground" to a cold water pipe, wich then creates micro arcing at the pipe ends/faucets.

I could measure low voltage (on the faucets) with my old/better Fluke MM, but it's hit and miss with the $20 job I now have.

I once took measurements (faucets) when the cable ground accidentally detached from the water pipe and guess what - Zero voltage.

Oddly enough the bass response/clarity of my system also improved until the cable ground was reattached/repaired.

DeKay
Glad I lived in a single house. ComCrap grounds to my copper clad post here. Phewww!
I got a spare Fluke. Check eBay.
I have been in contact with fuzztone in regard to particulars of the recommendation to use silver grease, but I thought the conversation may be important/helpful to everyone here. He warned me against using it on a breaker where a motor will be used, i.e. refrigerator, dishwasher, etc. I can also think of dehumidifier, garage door opener, etc. 

In my case, I have a concern about potentially having a problem with a component that would employ a motorized volume control. I believe that my breakers to the sound equipment will be separate, but for some, their utility outlets, i.e. the ones spaced around the room for vacuum, etc. may be on the same circuit as the audio gear. Thus, putting some silver grease on the breaker could potentially cause a problem when cleaning with a vacuum? 

I am conducting risk assessment of this idea, and so far it seems that the grease may dry out over time, thus the recommendation of fuzztone that the breaker be replaced every approx. 4-5yr., and the potential for issues when using a motor. 

I am seeking input from my electrician, too. I do not wish to disdain fuzztone's advice, but I am going doing my own due diligence.  :) 
Hasn’t this subject been covered sufficiently over the past 25 years or so, you know, from Silclear to Quicksilver to Quicksilver Gold to the newer contact enhancers with Graphene? I mean, come on, people, let’s do some due diligence! I’d be rather curious how big your electrician’s eyes get 👁 👁 when you tell him what audiophiles have been doing to electrical contacts for the past 25 years.