Are The Klipsch Heritage Series Really Worthy?

I'm thinking of purchasing a pair of La Scala II's. Anybody herd or have a pair that has had state of the art associated equipment and sounded comparable to the best speaker less the bottom octaves? Can't find a dealer who has them set up with qualitiy gear.
renmeister
Johnk

My LaScalla II's were 4K brand new just 3 yrs ago. The MKII versions have addressed many of the issues of the original versions. I have not modded them in any way. I knew they would need a sub when I purchased them but even if you factor in the cost of the 2 Velodyne DD10PLUS subs I have you still get amazing sound for the dollar. You could buy used LaScalla's for under 1K, those are the ones being modded. And the only reason guys are modding them is because they are 20 to 30 yrs. old and need a rebuild anyway. If you have the room that works for them you would have to spend a pile of money to better them. IMHO
yes, they are worthy.

Just don't try to fit a square peg to a round hole. Like most gear, they require proper setup and associated electronics to shine. I would want to run them off a tube amp of some sort for best results.
great speakers, I like the KHorns best, because they have such a great lower end, in the right room.

My all time favorite Rock n Roll speaker, and I love the sound when matched with McIntosh gear.

Khorns playing Who's Next on a Technics SP-10II through a Mac C22 preamp, and MC240 amp, dude, that' just strong.
Macdadtexas, you speak the truth ! If I had the luxury to build a room around Khorns, and to "get them and the room right",I definitely would. This is a reason for the popularity of the Lascala. Most Lascala owners would own Khorns otherwise, ime. JohnK, are you listening....
Mr. Dirt Thanks for you information. Appreciate and value the fact you own them and are pairing them up with some pretty fine gear. I sold Klipsch in the 1970's however I forgot how they sounded. I mostly sold the K-horn, Belle Klipsch. I herd one pair of La Scala's back in 1975 in the client's home and at the time I remember them sounding big and fun, however I had drinks prior to hearing and now 31 years later I'm trying to recall. I do remember one critical point. Any, and I mean any aberration in the signal, you're going to magnify. Never was to forgiving and I think that holds true today. A lot of folks don't understand horns and high effeciency in this regard.