Why Don't More People Into Music Reproduction At Home Play Around With Musical Instruments

In the pursuit of music reproduction in the home it is my firm belief that you must listen to live music every now & again so that you know & understand how real music,with real instruments,in real physical spaces sounds...
 With that as a foundation I used in judging equipment's "voice" I also believe that playing around with a musical instrument is an excellent way to gain first hand experience with musical sound...EVERY person that reads this can learn a few musical notes,on ANY musical instrument on the planet..For instance I play around with electric guitar.NO I can NOT play,but I can play the notes EFG,on first string & BCD on the second string...Now  I know those few notes & easily recognize them in any song..I am just this coming week going to start playing around with an electric keyboard....So I wonder,why don't more audiophiles simply play around with real instruments as part of their pursuit of honest reproduction in the home?Surely the education in reality is worth the $100.00 it takes to get an entry level guitar,keyboard,horn etc...
freediver
I come from a family of musicians who play guitar, piano, drums, and I personally have played guitar in rock, jazz, and tympani in marching bands, as well as percussion ensembles. I’m well aware of what acoustic and electric instruments on their own or with small or large groups of musicians in many different settings sound like. So, we are out there.
1. Read the book "Musicophilia" 2. What stimulates in the brain the listener/critic types is very different from musicians but obviously they overlap. 
As a 'prop' for my listening room I recently had my Fender Mustang circa 1965 completely refurbished. Having played it back in the day I thought it might be a good idea to pick up a amp comparable to what I used to use and give it a whirl when the guitar was finished back to original condition. The guitar looked fantastic, and my playing sucked, whatever I knew was long gone, so a prop it is. Although it holds fond memories from several high school bands I participated in. I will leave the playing to the professionals.

edhead409
8 posts06-27-2020 2:09pm

Might want to replace those strings though.

A buddy use to come over and he loved to repair and trick out all kinds of stringed gettups. Could tear up a banjo, turn right around and play stairway to heaven. That’s where a lot of my things came from..His house is full of STUFF. He’s up in Washington, now..

He kept me in my trivial need, I kept his 31 Ford coupe, with the old 462 Lincoln going... (Fuel suckin monster).

Tell the truth, my fingers are just too wore out, any more to tinker.

A set down with my grandson on the old piano goes much better.
I got a pic of him doing a Jerry Lee Lewis, for grandpa.. He’s 5 LOL

Regards