To Couple or Decouple Bookshelf Speakers to Stands?

Just bought my first pair of bookshelf speakers (Focal Aria 906) and stands - have filled the stands with sand. Should I use sorbothane pads to decouple the Focals OR Bluetack them to the top base of the stands?  I've asked 3 friends and received 3 different answers.......
dadgad4
When developing my speakers and introducing my stands, I had extensive conversations in this topic and did some testing.  I have tried high mass stands, low mass stands, bolting the speakers in place, adhesives, velcro, simply placing the speaker on the stand and IsoAcoustics pucks. 

Easy...the IsoAcoustic pucks decoupling the speaker from the stand was the best sounding.  The pucks go between the speaker and the stand.  I ultimately produced a low mass stand that is machined to ensure proper placement of the puck for my speakers.  

Second best option was having the speakers bolted to a high mass stand.  This does require using OEM stands or modding stands.  
I use Oreas.  This is entirely because they are better looking IMO and sold individually.  Iso-Pucks are basically the same concept, just not as good looking IMO and I believe they are sold in 4s which is less optimal for my design.  

The key with all Iso products is getting the weight right.  There is an optimal weight range for their products and you should pick the appropriate item  based on the weight you are looking for.  

Also, when they issue their weight guidance, it is the total weight of the device divided by the number of pucks.  If a speaker is 26lbs, you could use 3 Indigo or 4 Bronze.  Does that make sense?