Mid-priced warm sounding DAC?

I've recently decided that a good route for me to take is upgrading my system with a good DAC. My current system is a bit bright sounding, so I'm looking for a good DAC costing up to $600 (used) that will provide a smooth, warm sound to match my currently bright system. I'd also like the DAC to be capable of upsampling, although if necessary I could add an upsampler to the digital chain at a later time. My preference would be to have it built-in, however.

Any suggestions?
jwglista
jedinite24

I have owned the Monarchy M-24 for a few years. It's a great DAC, and the preamp section ain't bad either should you choose to use it.

Dave
Thanks Dave for the input.

Man do I have a lot of thinking to do. I've found an NM24 for little over $1100 but I'm really attached to my McCormack TLC-1 Deluxe Preamp and don't want to part with it. I can't justify to myself (yet) paying for the NM24 and having the TLC-1 Deluxe too when the NM24 can work as a preamp too.

Thanks again.
I second the MF A3.24 DAC, it's warm smooth yet has classy high frequency extension that is very easy on the ears. I do miss it at times since I bought the Benchmark DAC1 HDR for its balanced outputs to my new amp.