I'm here for the enthusiasts, not the snobbery

Couple of threads have shown up lately. "Should you be an audiophile if you..." either have a certain type of gear, have a certain amount of money, or don’t make your own.

I personally reject all of that. I’m here for the enthusiasts, and those who suffer. That is, people who are enthusiastic about listening to music via electronics and those who are suffering with problems who need a little help. That’s how I try to build a community.

Also want to point out, again, that this hobby was built by hobbyists and tinkerers. The range included backyard self-electrocuting iconoclasts to scientists in acoustics and electrical engineering. I’m happy to welcome them all.

Laslty, I want to say something about the Porsche metaphor:

1 - All Porsches are ugly. This is an indisputable fact no one wants to talk about and means all debate needs to stop right there.

2 - Any motorcycle is more fun and exciting than any car.

Thank you for reading this and I’m glad I had a chance to nip these conversations in the bud. << evil troll laugh >>
erik_squires
Track bikes have no brakes. The way to stop or at least slow is to back-pressure while pedaling. Fun! 😂
When I was kid, a neighborhood young man crashed his motorcycle. The gas tank ruptured, the gas flooding out and exploding into flames, melting the face shield of his helmet onto his face, badly burning it. The rest of his life had been determined in an instant. 
isochronism,

"Track bikes have no brakes."
I was imagining regular "fixie". The one young guys who are trying to prove they are special are using on city streets. They have a brake on the front wheel. I wonder how long do knees last with such a brake-less contraption.
Post removed 
Those young fixie guys are referred to as hipsters. (no offense) The trendy bikes do look cool and sleek, but many shortly realize brakes are good to have. Then some also realize that rear brakes serve an important addition.