Should people with no turntable or reel to reel be considered audiophiles?

Just like those driving a Porsche SUV can join PCA (digital audio fans can join Audiogon) but are certainly not Porschephiles unless they also own a coupe (Panamera owners I guess gets a pass here).

Please respond with a yes or no and we'll tally a vote for the first 100 responses.

sokogear
My neighbour had a red Porche Super fifty years ago. His son still has it, and has restored to 100 % original working shape. Beautiful machine.
This super Porche is a tractor.

Such a bizarre thread on an ever increasingly bizarre forum site. "Audiogon...where people come to fight about audio."

Please, if you want to look at the OP's question for just a second, the real question is the definition of "audiophile" not the definition of those who don't have a turntable.

Audiophile, to me, has a pejorative tinge.  Sure, I search for "audiophile" on Craigslist because sometimes that pulls up a great piece of gear, but it ain't because I want to be one.

In the dictionary, an audiophile is an enthusiast of good audio reproduction.  In cultural terms, and audiophile is someone looking to climb their way up to the next level of the "audio pyramid" as it were; but unfortunately, all too often, the true audiophile intention is not in ascension of sound quality, but in ascension over other audiophiles. It's like the sealions all trying to be on top of that highest rock. That is even how one could visualize this particular thread, with miller, soko, and robert all waiving their tusks around at each other.  

So if someone wants to come on this site and pontificate about reversing cables or argue whether one imperfect sound reproduction is the "true" method over another, then they're an audiophile.  Because no one else cares.  

(I love good sound and tinkering with my system. But my primary love is good music, reasonably well reproduced.  For that reason I consider myself a sort of non-automobile "gearhead" rather than an audiophile.  More practical. Less competitive.)