Roon vs the world (streaming software)

I have compared Roon to the lumin app so far and found lumin app layout and playlist management really frustrating. Not to mention minimserver and the lumin app need to scan all your music while roon its just automatically populates. Also to save a file or album to a playlist you have to load the play list first. So many little annoyances. What software are you running if you are streaming? Can anyone compete with roon?
I am in my 3rd year of annual roon membership and I didn’t want to have to go to lifetime as its really pricey ($700 USD). But at this time I don’t think I have a choice.
smodtactical
@jnehma1: 

Tidal going under? Is this a possibility? I was more worried of Roon going under after they have used up all lifetime membership fees, The reason why I renew on an annual basis.
I pay for roon on the annual plan for the same reasons as others have stated, wonder about competition in the next few years. I really like roon for it's UI and their OS which to me improves the sound, totally subjective observation. 
@jorgjean I don’t have any insider info on anything but Amazon music “HD” came out and suddenly I see a non stop stream of special offers for Tidal... 5 months for $5, 4 months for $4 (that’s total, not per month, and includes the hifi tier), discounted annual rates, 3 free months when you buy a Blue Sound product... It seemed like they were desperate for cash but that’s just a random interpretation.
I purchased an annual subscription of Roon. It’s about to expire and I won’t be renewing.  There’s no question that Roon offers the best user experience - best GUI, library management etc.  But, Auralic’s conductor app is also quite good. Auralic’s Lighting DS (LDS) is less good but still quite nice  - more than adequate.  More importantly, LDS sounds significantly better than Roon.  I’m not the only who feels this way.  My suspicion is the native app deals with buffers and cache better than Roon which has to work across multiple platforms.  In any case, sound quality is first so I’m dumping Roon.