Will this amp trick work for increasing bass performance?

I'm considering matching Focal Utopia Scala Evo with two amps for bi-amping, to separate bass and mid/high. 

I'm considering the Pass Labs XP-32 pre-amp, which has individual volume controls for each channel/amp. By slightly increasing bass amp volume over mid/high amp volume, I get to feel more punch from the 11" woofers. The crossover in the Focals cuts off at 220Hz, so only bass and sub bass are affected.

Which two power amps would you consider? Power amp budget is about $30K. Was told Focals like power, so >250W for bass amp seems the minimum. Pre amp will likely be Pass Labs XP-32.
Maybe Pass Labs X250.8 + X150.8 or X250.8 + XA60.8?

Your thoughts please? Any other ideas to get more bass performance from the 11" woofers in the Focals? Subwoofer is not an option. I know McIntosh has a pre-amp with equalizer, which would solve the problem too. But I always thought EQs are a no-no.
robert1976
I have to chime in here. Paul McCowen from PS Audio said the best way to connect your subs was to connect them directly from the speakers to the high level inputs on the sub. (he has a video on the topic) In this way it picks up the dynamic characteristic of the amp. Connecting straight from the pre-amp is passive.

The result of this change was nothing short of amazing. For so many years I had my subs connected 'passively' to pre-amp. This change has added dynamic 'punch' and tightness like I've never had before. I now pick up the punchy personality of the amplifier. Not more bass but tighter bass. Exactly what I had been searching for over many years. Bass you can feel. Provided your sub can accept high level input connection this is a game changer. It's a simple, cheap connection taking a few minutes to change and the results are huge!!

I have two 12" inch subs in stereo connected directly to my McCormack amp and my search for better bass has ended thanks to Pauls simple trick. Makes me wonder why the entire industry suggests connecting to the pre-amp. 

Tidal question... from what device are you streaming from? How is the connection made?

@gdaddy1 Did you say "connect them [subwoofers] directly from the speakers". Can you elaborate on the exact wiring in this scenario?

I play Tidal via Chromecast to my streamer, wirelessly. I also have a AudioQuest Dragon Cobalt that I attach to my iPhone or MacBook, then via a 3.5mm to RCA to the pre-amp.

I got suggested that Roon can play the Tidal library too, which superior results
Robert,

I just positioned Two xa60.8's in my listening room. They are paired with Paradigm Personal 7F's and a Premaluna Preamp (EVO 400), streaming Qobuz on Lumin. I am literally 30 hours into burn in. Our specs are not exact, but similar. You're getting a lot of great advice from some qualified folks. To fill my knowledge  gaps, l called Pass and spoke to Kent ( long term technical support), he was excellent to work with. I was looking at all the same amps and he astutely guided me to the 60's. I purchased the from Reno HiFi. Mark is the owner and excellent to work with. I wont speak for him, or the options he will positioned, but I was very confident he would work with me until I had the amp/s I wanted. The bass generated is significant tight and very detailed. I have two subs from the previous configuration that are unlikely participants in the new line up. This is not an advertisement for either, my first exposure to both, just an excellent experience I want to advocate.
@mkdm11 Thanks for sharing, are you bi-amping the XA60.8? Please elaborate on how/to what you connected each power amp
Yes, provided you have 'high level input' connection on your subs. Most higher quality subs have two ways you can connect. Either 'low level' RCA connection from your pre-amp (passive) OR you can run a short set of wire directly from the back of your speaker connection to the 'high level' input on the sub woofer. 

Super easy to do provided you have 'high level' inputs.

The reason I ask about Tidal is that some people connect from the TV app. This method gives you low resolution and very reduced dynamics.
Your connection seems to be fine.