How Long Did It Take You To Build Your Dream Setup?

I hope this isn't too off topic, but I'm curious as to how long it has taken to build your dream setup? I'm on the ever long hunt for MORE and BETTER and I think I need some other users perspective as my neurotic brain is on the hunt monthly for upgrades. 
128x128j-wall
I saw a very interesting video by Steve Gutenberg...The question was raised how do you know if your system is good.  And to make a long story short,  if you’re listening to it a lot and you hate to turn it off, then   You’re there.  
Almost exactly that..... Almost...

I know it because my audio system is extraordinary.... Not because I hate  turning it off.... Way more than that, I cannot change the cd that is playing for an another one....They are too beautiful when they play.... This IS the ULTIMATE criteria.... Guttenberg must have some road to go on..... :)

It is normal if you look at his room, the embeddings of his system is not optimal at all.....Without being malicious.... The guy is very good and  amicable.... I like him.... But.... :)
40+ years is what it `s taken me. And I `m not sure that i am done yet.  What I do know is that the river of new and changing components has turned into a trickle. I have hardly changed anything in my setup in the last two years.