Your thoughts on upgrading Feickert protractor

There's too much slack in the Pin hole that hovers over the center arm pivot. There should be a longer sleeve there of tighter tolerances to allow for a more accurate measure of S2P.

Your thoughts.
128x128slaw
Ok, i just checked mine and there is absolutely no movement between the parts, metal shaft sits firmly. The latest version of the Feickert called GN (Next Generation). The Universal is an old version and it’s different from the latest NG.

If you’re using an old version i must say it has been upgraded with the NG version.

If you having some problem with NG version i have to say i don’t have such problem with my NG
I have the NG and the pin eyeballs maybe a couple thousandths inch clearance to the sleeve.  Not really sloppy.  
I have a question about procedure though.  The instructions are vague, or I'm missing something.  What I did, and it worked, was to set the overhang at step one while aligning the cantilever to the overhang grid line.  At step 2 I moved the platter so the cantilever was parallel and on the grid line (but stylus was not at an intersection?).  At step 3, without moving the platter, I checked for parallelism at the inner null point.  
Sounds great but is this proper usage?  Thanks.
@wlutke ,

I don't have to move the platter to align the cantilever at step 2.
Slaw,

I don't have to move the platter to align the cantilever at step 2.

The NG instruction for step 2 (outer null point) states emphatically (Bold italics) that the pin no longer needs to be aligned over the pivot point for this step.  Their reasoning is that if the overhang is correct and the inner and outer null points are parallel then all is good.  My interpretation is to adjust the platter until the cantilever is parallel to the grid for step 2 (outer null point), go on to step 3 (inner null point) and, if also parallel, all is good.  I think that’s a valid check, but not sure I’m interpreting the instructions correctly.  The stylus, while on, and parallel to, the line is not at a junction (cross-hair) on the grid like I’m used to seeing on other protractors.  It worked and quite well.  Was it dumb luck though?
My way is get the stylus centered on the cross hairs in step one.
In step two is where I align the cantilever with the grid
Step 3 is somewhat overkill and unnecessary if steps 1 & 2 are spot on.

I find that if using step 3 as part of the main alignment procedure, is not a good thing. If you pay close attention, if steps 1 & 2 are spot on, moving to step 3, the cantilever will be slightly off. This is due to the nature of a pivoted arm. Not a major issue.