??? Wood Plinths: Layers: 7/2/1 ? Wood Type: Solid or Veneer or Vinyl Wrap wood look ?

I hope we can assemble a thread of answers about the various Wood Plinths we have or definitely know about.

I'm trying to choose a TT for my office: JVC Victor/Denon/Pioneer/Sony/Technics/Marantz .. etc. 

If I go for a Wood Base, it's confusing, both the layered construction of the base, and the actual exterior wood material. Layers: I'm asking about the deck thickness/construction for the spinner (most are thinner at arm location).

JVC Victor Wood Plinths with CL-P_ (CL-P1, 2, 3, 10)

I believe are all Premium 70mm thick 7 layer composite construction with real wood veneer. Mostly these are separate plinths, you add a spinner and a tonearm (or 2: CL-P2 or even 3: CL-P3). What's the difference between CL-P1 and CL-P10???

JVC Turntables (factory assembled and sold as a unit): Some have removable arm boards, some don't, some have multi-layer, others 2 layers, or only 1 layer?

Denon Plinths?

Denon Turntables?

the other brands are primarily factory assembled turntables, who knows about the deck thickness/material?

Please post what you know about your specific models, current or past, or you just know, I think we all would benefit from a lot of answers, I certainly will.

GLUE:  IF Treated Well: some brands/models veneer/wrap glue holds up, others not so well, some veneer/wraps are thick, some thin, hold up, or don't. Knowledge, comments, known problematic models/

A free for all will result I hope

regards, Elliott

elliottbnewcombjr
I meant answers about factory plinths and factory turntable bases,
give me a few days and I will show you with photos and description of the plinths of Piooner PL 70, Victor CL P1 Technics SH10B3 ... I have to extract them from their packaging.
I hope I understand exactly what you ask for not to work unnecessarily.
thanks,

we know victor big plinth's are real wood veneer on composite 70mm (2-3/4") thick, 7 layer, no need to dig that one out. arm boards are around 19mm (3/4") thick, multi layer, matching real veneer.

the pioneer, and others like that, many pre-packaged combos of deck/arm from jvc, pioneer, denon, sony, ...

are the true subject of this inquiry, not an exhaustive study, just answers if people know them,

as so many of them look like real wood, but may be vinyl wraps that look like wood. some have an acrylic 'pour' over ____?

and the descriptions can be misleading.

and some are 'good', thick', long lasting glue, ... so those experiences are good to know, 

and some are solid wood.

IOW, Pandora's Box, is it wood?

for instance

The Mitsubishi Vertical Turntable LT-5V deck and legs are composite wood (MDF?), painted grey to look like metal. I was surprised when I picked it up, not light but not as heavy as I anticipated. Sound deadening was their reasoning.
Solid bases are always a problem. AR figured that out in the late 60's.
Every turntable jockey need to see this video. It is a brilliant demonstration.   https://www.vinylengine.com/turntable_forum/viewtopic.php?t=112447

The only argument I have is the XA's lack of anti skate. Yes, you can only set it for an average but that average is the difference is the difference between a skewed cantilever and a straight one an obvious visual difference that anyone can see. Just defeat your anti skate mechanism and watch where the cantilever goes. This places the cartridges "motor" in a geometrically incorrect position.