GE Triton 2+ or Focal Aria 936?

Looking to upgrade my speakers.  Considering GoldenEar Triton 2+ or Focal Aria 936.  I have Rotel gear... RC-1570 preamp and RB-1552 mk2 amp.

My system is used for music and movies.  Do not have room for a sub.  So, leaning towards the Triton 2+, I think.

Opinions?
128x128tgstaples
@tgstaples
Looking a bit closer at your amp, MOSFETs, that’s a very nice amp you have there. Known to drive many speakers well. I’d have no problem putting any of the speakers listed so far behind that amp with the caveat of ensuring a nice neutral source at the front-end. For digital as an example, careful selection of a neutral (non-tipped up) DAC in front of your preamp. Some DACS and lower grade cables can exacerbate the issue, making the result sound more grainy too. With careful selection of interconnects, maybe more copper and non-silver ICs for example with SS amps and gear, could help some to yield a less tipped up or more neutral sound. Could help grant you a wider selection IF you feel a particular speaker may be on the edge of sounding too bright or too forward for your ears. Small Tweaks up front can help too if not already in the works...

I think you're limiting yourself in making the choice between just those two.

For instance, how about a Vandersteen III?

@twoleftears 
What was not said in my OP... I have been researching for a few months and have considered several brands (e.g. GoldenEar, Focal, B&W, Dynaudio, Paradigm, Tekton Design, Elac).  These are just the 2 I narrowed it down to based on my research.

That said, made a final decision this morning.  A pair of GoldenEar Triton 2+ are on their way to me!