Help with Projector display

Hello,

I wanted to get a screen for my projector NEC LT380. My projection has some extra white space behind the actual image. The projector displays the image on the screen but has some white space on top and bottom and some on sides which is just projection of white space but I can enlarge the display to fit that screen. 

Could you please suggest what this is and how I can fix it. I appreciate it a lot. Thanks.

grapecamera
I roughly measured the screen size and it looks like a 4:3 ratio screen.   The NEC LT380 is also a 4:3 projector.

The projected image is a 16:9 image, so I'm guessing your bluray or source device is outputting a 16:9 signal and the projector is only showing that aspect ratio.

If you want to fill the entire screen, you will need to look for a really old DVD movie that was filmed and produced in the old 4:3 format.  They are extremely rare, but it is possible.

For the white space on the top/bottom, you will just have to live with that.  In your case, it is an extreme amount of whitespace because your screen is a 4:3 screen.  Most all home theater screens are 16:9 (which is a compromise between the square 4:3 ratio and the super wide 2.39:1 ratio.
I wanted to use it but looks like I have to buy a new one.  Thanks for all your advise and help.Stay Safe.
Post removed 
I also had a projector that was not designed for watching movies. Therefore, I read about models that have passive 3D technology and high resolution. These are the most suitable projectors for watching movies.