Magnepan, Ohm, Spatial or ??

I've heard the mag 1.7s and like the "openness" and other attributes.  However, the size and placement requirements are a killer for me.   I'm thinking Ohm and Spatial would be somewhat similar.  However, I can't demo them.  Any thoughts on these compared to the mags and any other "open" speakers I should consider?

Thanks all as usual!!

soundchasr

I've been looking at a similar group of speakers: Magnepan, Ohm, Spatial, and Eminent Technology.

Amongst several unknowns and challenges is the "direct sales model", used by all but Magnepan, which makes auditions difficult here in Dallas. 

I just made my choice of speakers based upon available room placement. 

Three of the contenders require 3 feet of rear clearance from the wall: Magnepan 1.7i, Eminent Technology LPT 8b, and Spatial M3. That is doable only on the short wall of my 14' x 24' living room.

HOWEVER, that position creates a cascade of issues: furniture placement, re-installing a tiled-in HDTV, removal of a beautiful bookcase to gain space, and odd room orientation once accomplished.

Choosing the long-wall position and a narrow Ohm speaker, which must be used close to the wall, has multiple benefits.

Positioning the Ohms on the long wall flanking my fireplace allows the use of the stereo gear in support of HDTV videos. The HDTV itself will not have to be removed from its tiled-in nest in the fireplace, and the resulting room will focus on the fireplace and HDTV as I think it should.
It might seem strange that I've given so much consideration to things other than speakers' sound. As I cannot easily audition 3 of the 4 contenders, and that a good used pair of Ohms has come available, makes it very reasonable to me.

I have the M3 Sapphire and absolutely am amazed  at everything these speakers do right.
horns, amazing, piano amazing, acoustic and electric guitar bass and drums incredible. Imaging Soundstage just everything is there. I was truly a skeptic being a box time/phase aligned guy all my young life now...OMG amazing results from these speakers!
heres my room
https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=gallery;area=browse;image=206437
Oh and Clayton from Spatial does offer a return policy but you will not need it 
@audiosaurusrex Are those rollers on the bottom of the speakers so you can move them out of the way??  THAT IS AWESOME.  

My wife works in MN pretty often and there's an Anticable shop there that has the M3s.  She's going to try to get out there soon and give them a listen on my behalf. :-)   

@melvinjames - What are your thoughts on the two?  What type of music do you listen to with them?  

Are the Spatials good with rock, metal, blues, jazz, all that? 
Check out the Larsen 8's or 9's. Place them against the wall--designed that way.