Refurb GAS Grandson amp or put money towards another amp?

I’ve got a vintage GAS Grandson amp that I use in my Zone 2 system to drive a pair of Snell QBx monitors. The Grandson was a garage sale find about 30 years ago. I had some work done at the time before I put it in operation, but it was so long ago, I can’t remember what was done.

The Grandson is now having some issues. Significant distortion in the left channel and the left channel cuts out completely at times. My question now is it worth it to get the amp refurbished? Or am I better off spending the money on another used amp? If so, what would you recommend? How much would be a reasonable amount to invest refurbing the Grandson?

I’m one of many who have champagne tastes, but a beer budget, at best. I’m not looking for audio nirvana (given my finances), but want to get the best bang for the few bucks I do have to spend. I’m ballparking around $200, as I think I can find a Rotel amp or receiver for around that much. But would a Rotel be a step down as compared to a well-functioning Grandson?

Anyone familiar with the Grandson? From what I understand the Ampzilla was highly regarded in its day, and the Son of Ampzilla and the Grandson amps were well regarded, too, just not as high end.
Btw, my Grandson is the model with meters, though the lamps have been burned out for many years.
johnnyotto
GAS - Great American Sound. James Bongiorno designed Ampzilla and the Thaedra preamp. Andy Hefley designed the Son and Grandson amps, along with the Thoebe preamp. 
Thanks for your responses everyone. Anyone else have any recommendations about whether to refurb the Grandson, how much it might cost to do so, or what would be an equivalent used amp I could pick up to replace it with?

The $200 ballpark is not a hard and fast limit, but I know I could pick up a used Rotel amp for around that much. But if I did do that, would I be feel like I've taken a big step backwards in sound quality?  I've been listening to the Grandson for about 25-30 years, so I don't have a good sense of how it would compare to other amps that I could afford.
Contact Audio Classics in Vestal, NY and discuss having them do the repair work! A few years back I bought a nicely restored SAE Mark XXX amp from them! That was from the time James Bongiorno was at SAE in California!
I have an Ampzilla for sale now on audiogon. Worked on several years ago by Mile Bettinger. It’s an Ampzilla 2 see the listing .
Hello johnnyotto
I also have a GAS Grandson with meters mint condition and original box.

I plan on restoration at GAS Audio Restorations which was founded by Mike Bettinger in Carson City NV   

Price?  $600.00   The restoration cost will make the Grandson better than any amp out there unless you pay $3K  Forget Rotel lots of reliability issues

Good Luck