Vandersteen 5A Speakers

Hello
I currently have a pair of Vandersteen 3A Signatures with a Wadia 381 up front, a Pass X250.5 amp and a Rel B-3 Sub. I am thinking about up-grading to the 5A speakers.

My question is do you think I can get the 5A's to sound proper in a 12 X 16 X 8 foot room???

As of now the 3A's sound fine. I just got the up grade bug and I realy like the Vandersteen sound.

Thanks
russb
FYI gentleman
When referring to the tilt chart measurements should be taken from the middle of the speaker to the wall behind and side walls.
Cheers Johnnyr
Can you explain further how measurements to the front and side walls are used when referring to the tilt chart?
Johnny,
That's odd...not doubting your claim of 'middle' of the speakers, but most 'launch' charts are measured from the 'face' of the speaker.
Example, the Essence 10's which were 'time alignable' with launch charts, a protractor and height/distance--called for measuring from the edge of the woof cabinet.

Thanks for the info.

Good listening,
Larry
I had a question about the tilt on the 5A. or the 3A's.

How doses the angle of the speaker affect the tweeter responce if you are having the speakers sounding a bit on the bright side????

Thanks
Russ
I don't think the 5A's ever sound bright. I sit about 13 feet from the front of my 5A's. In the setup kit that came with the speakers there are shims which are placed between the cones and the enclosure...I think there are 6. I had to use all 6 on the rear spike..and that wasn't enough, so I put a Cardas wood block under the rear cone with all 6 shims. That made the music bloom...instantly I knew it was right. I then found a fuzz spot between the 2 speakers, so I very slightly turned the speakers inward...not facing the listening chair...but just enough to eliminate that fuzz spot. The result is a gorgeous picture to the music. Richard would be the first one to tell you to experiment to get the best from the speaker. These speakers are so good, you can easily tell when your adjustment is good or bad. By the way...the speaker is just 2 ft 1 3/4 inches from the rear wall. I followed the Vandersteen setup chart...did the math...and it really sounds good where it is. If you click onto "system" and see where the speakers are...you will notice artwork on the wall in back of the speakers. I had an artist come in for consultation. The triptych shows a background with the same grain as the speakers (kowazinga finish) with those seemingly abstract lines...then you realize..that's the speaker cable. The artwork is oil on canvas...I filled the back of the artwork with fiberglass matting and covered it with cheesecloth. It looks and sound fabulous.