Roon vs the world (streaming software)

I have compared Roon to the lumin app so far and found lumin app layout and playlist management really frustrating. Not to mention minimserver and the lumin app need to scan all your music while roon its just automatically populates. Also to save a file or album to a playlist you have to load the play list first. So many little annoyances. What software are you running if you are streaming? Can anyone compete with roon?
I am in my 3rd year of annual roon membership and I didn’t want to have to go to lifetime as its really pricey ($700 USD). But at this time I don’t think I have a choice.
smodtactical
I tried BluOs, Lumin and Roon interfaces. 
The Roon interface is for me by far the best, very informative and best Tidal integrattion.

I recently upraded my hardware substantially and to my ears the SQ of roon is substantially better than BluOs and Lumin interfaces. 
My experience.
I was using iPeng and I agree the sound of Roon is substantially better.  I have Roon on my Music Server.  I wonder how much better it would sound if I moved it to a nucleus or similiar device.
Besides the great user interface, the "killer app" of Roon in my opinion is that it lets you put your entire library together regardless of source. My ripped CDs and Tidal albums are all just there together instead of having to go into just Tidal or just locally stored files. I haven't seen other software that does that but I haven't explored lately since I've been on Roon about a year and a half and have no desire to change. Like the OP, though, I haven't bought the lifetime subscription because who knows what options will be out next year and I worry that Tidal could go under and make the value proposition of Roon tank for me. At least Qobuz is now an option but it still seems somewhat risky to me with the competition in music streaming services.
I just downloaded Roon and Audirvana the other day.  I have say the Roon GUI is much better and it's easier to get things done.  However, the sound is better with Audirvana.  I never thought I'd be able to notice something like that but I can definitely tell.  I want to keep Roon but having sound that isn't is good is sort of bothersome....
@jnehma1: 

Tidal going under? Is this a possibility? I was more worried of Roon going under after they have used up all lifetime membership fees, The reason why I renew on an annual basis.