Mojo Audio Mystique EVO

Mojo Audio updated their website yesterday with details on the next generation of the Mojo Mystique DAC, the Mystique EVO.

Unlike the V3, the EVO has upgrade options for component, isolation and shielding upgrades - at purchase or to be upgraded later.   The website states there are plans to release new boards for ethernet/roon, and other dac chips like the PCM63.

I pre-ordered an EVO in late February with a few upgrades.  I'm expected to receive it in 1-2 weeks, and I'll post my impressions after some time with it.  I currently have the Mystique V3 and I find it fantastic.  Really looking forward to hearing Ben's next iteration.

veroguy
This is cool and impressive, Grannyring!  Congrats.

Can you expand on the sound differences vs the stock V3?  Can you quantify the uplift in SQ - 10% better?

I think the Mystique v3 sounds fantastic, and I can't imagine how it can improve - so this is great to hear from you.  My EVO should arrive in a week or two.
It is at least 35% better. Frankly my music is on a whole different level and the percentage improvement is just sort of impossible for me to quantify. Too vague.  

For me it elevates my listening experience more than 30-35%.  Hard to put this sort of thing in percentage improvement.

I found my upgrades needed time to break in and really come through.  Give your new unit the time Ben suggests.  He knows this dac as it is his baby!  
I have the EVO based model which still has some break-in time ahead of it based upon Ben's guidance; that said it is definitely the most overall musical DAC that I have had in my main system. The others, Modwright Elyse and Aqua LaVoce S3 are no slouches, but the EVO just offers more overall.

veroguy, if the options you are getting in your EVO take this DAC to another level you will be truly will be pleased
The DAC's price basically TRIPLES when full optioned. It'd better sound 35% or thereabouts better for that kind of scratch.