Speakers or room

I have a very lively room. Tile floors, large window and open area. If you clap there is a loud echo. Furniture is limited. I set up Kef LS50w and the sound is recessed not forward. The room is 26 x13 and even up close it doesn't sound good. Is it the room? What should I do ? Wife acceptance factor comes into play. 

128x128brianportugal
I live by the rule that 50% of what you hear on your listening position is dictated by the room acoustics. My advice, treat the room first.
Hi everyone, no surprise to everyone that the room is the problem.i sold my kegs and the new buyer is delighted. I hooked up my omegas and they were fantastic. You could still hear a liveliness but it worked much better than my other speakers. I’d like to try spatials but keep trying to tremendous myself that the omegas have always been the sound I like. But I still have would like to try the lrs and spatials. The spatials are expensive... compared to the other two. Amp needs are different also.
Hi everyone, no surprise to anyone that the room is the problem.i sold my ls50w and the new buyer is delighted. I hooked up my omegas 3xrs and they were fantastic. You could still hear a liveliness of the room but it worked much better than my other speakers. I’d like to try spatials but keep trying to remind myself that the omegas have always been the sound I like. Great sparkle, female vocals are great. But I still have would like to try the magnepan LRS  and spatials sapphire 5 . The spatials are expensive... compared to the other two. Amp needs are different also.