TRL Marantz Sa-14

After speaking to Paul at TRL I am very curious to hear from those who own this unit what improvements do you hear with the player before and after the mod.

The SA-14 sounds weak in the bass and has no dynamics in comparison to some players like the Sony Scd-1 in stock form. Has anyone compared the TRL Sa-14 to the Sony Scd-1?
la45
Sbayne - The best way to discribe the sound is somewhat like if you said, "shhh"...maybe distortion is too extreme. The other thing is that it doesn't happen on every disc. I'm open to ideas...see below for system.

McIntosh 6500
GMA Callisto
Audio Magic speaker cable
Audio Magic Interconnect
TRL/Sony 2000ES
CRL Silver power chord (for TRL CDP)
Cjenest-

I would call Paul. Distortion induced by the player is not normal.
The TRL is exceptionally smooth, natural, detailed,and essentially hash or edge free.

If you have another source unit (CD/Turntable) you can confirm that the distortion is not coming from your preamp/amp or speakers.

TRL will make it right with no problem if there is something that happened to yours in shipping.

Regards-
Cjenest,

I see that you, like me, are breaking in a CRL Silver power cord. They take a long long time to break in. I have over 600 hours on mine and I am still hearing it smooth out.

Have you tried the Quick Silver? I have not yet (I should) but I understand that it makes the highs more refined.
I should probably start a new topic but since I have some dialogue giong, I'll continue for a minute.

I ran other sources (DVD, DVR) through the system with no problems. I lied before, the MA6500 is not in place, yet...but it will be this weekend. Right now I'm using a Denon 3805. The Callistos may not have a full 200 hours to them but it's pretty close. The problem is mainly heard on female vocals and electric guitar with reverb. Paul mentioned that the CDP may be "too hi-rez" or "overloading" for the Denon. Any thoughts?

Again, I'm open to suggestions. By the end of this weekend I will have hit the 500 hour mark. If the problem continues the unit is going back to TRL for review.

Thanks.
I would wait and put the McIntosh in your system and let it play for a few days. My guess is the "shhh..." you described is not distortion but what I have described as "air" around the instruments which the Denon is not fully presenting. Just IMHO.