TRL Marantz Sa-14

After speaking to Paul at TRL I am very curious to hear from those who own this unit what improvements do you hear with the player before and after the mod.

The SA-14 sounds weak in the bass and has no dynamics in comparison to some players like the Sony Scd-1 in stock form. Has anyone compared the TRL Sa-14 to the Sony Scd-1?
la45
Post removed 
La45, could you go into more specifics about the TRL 2000 tweaks?

Other than putting the unit on a DIY Symposium Ultra style isolation platform and mating it with a very good power cord I have so far resisted the temptation to open up the unit. Also using QuickSilver as recommended by other TRL fans.

I have tweaked lesser units with Dynamat Xtreme for damping, Stillpoints ERS for EMI/RFI attenuation, Auricap across the IEC inlet for AC noise filtering.

Although I haven't looked inside the unit, I am guessing that they already employ ERS in the mod. Scroll down to the bottom of this link and you will see TubeResearchLabs/CableResearchLabs as users of the ERS product.

http://www.stillpoints.us/1Pages/ers_products.html
No 500 hours break-in isn't normal. I've had a number of mods done by other companies on amps, preamps, cds, etc and after a couple hundred hours they usually reach their potential. The caps and transformers should be fully cooked by that time. I'm guessing they use a special kind of solder or leads.
Sbayne: I've owned various Tube Research Labs amps and preamps since the early 90's. Every one of them has taken a while to break in, so it is common for their products.

TVAD: Most folks don't have memory lapses that prohibit them from remembering how a component sounded a few weeks back. Then again, maybe some guys "experimented" too much with mind altering drugs ... :)

Jack
Post removed