Albert Von Schweikert Has Passed Away

Daemon Von Schweikert just posted a tribute to his dad on their Facebook page.  I believe he was 74-75 years old. Another one of the “greats” has passed on to the “Great Gig In The Sky”. My condolences to his entire family. 
128x128stereo5
Very sad day. I talked to him a few times when the company was located near me in San Marcos, CA and I owned the VR-1 and needed repairs. One time he was burning in one of the new huge tower models and the room was right next to the front desk receptionist. I felt kinda bad for her, just the lows coming through the walls. He played some obscure Frank Zappa for me. A true gentleman. He will be missed.
Sad news.  Still rocking my VR-3s -- 25+ years and going strong.  Met his son at Capital AudioFest a couple years ago, but did not get to meet Albert.  RIP.
I feel 'uncomfortable' judging the man by his work; nevertheless, I have never been 'floored' as significantly as the first time I heard his VR4's in a high-end audio shop in Houston, about 30 years ago...
Stereophile ran an exceptional review of the Eggleston Andra loudspeaker,, and I was able to buy a demo pair locally after auditioning them myself. They sounded wonderful - the only term I can use to describe their lifelike "holistic" presentation. I was told Albert designed the crossovers for them. Later on someone on Audiogon was selling a pair of VR-9's, but I was very hesitant to give up what I had. The seller insisted I would lose nothing of the realism and ease which the Egg's were known for, but with a greater degree of definition, and several adjustments on the back to modify bass and treble output.. Another Audiogon member raved over the 9's as well, and I called him to discuss what I should do. After deliberating myself into a migraine I decided to go ahead and sell my beloved Andra's for something "even better". 
What they say about Albert's speakers are mostly true- musical (if not the most aesthetically appealing when it comes to the 9's Darth Vader look),
and easy to enjoy right out of the (3) crates. I even had the 9's upgraded with new components and cabinet a few years back, and Albert loved to talk audio with me and answer all my questions. A very friendly guy with a great track record and little regard for how much money I made or any of that stuff.  He lived a good life and I can vouch for his love of music.
Plus- you can buy his newest line of speakers (which are costly), but you also can't go wrong with a pair of his older speakers.