TRL Marantz Sa-14

After speaking to Paul at TRL I am very curious to hear from those who own this unit what improvements do you hear with the player before and after the mod.

The SA-14 sounds weak in the bass and has no dynamics in comparison to some players like the Sony Scd-1 in stock form. Has anyone compared the TRL Sa-14 to the Sony Scd-1?
la45
uh-oh
You know, this has been one of the more enjoyable "equipment specific" threads I've had the pleasure of reading, and yes, being involved with. I submit that we keep it that way. Let's NOT get into the personal arugments and sniping that happens, and is currently happening, on other threads.

If individuals have "problems" with other members, take it up with them through e-mail - NOT in the open forums.

Let's keep our eyes on the ball.

respecfully submitted

Paul
Find a preowned Marantz SA-1 SACD/CD player. Your search will be over. I currently own (3) Marantz SA-1's , each are in a different system of mine.
Mrchips -
Are you using your SA-1s in stock form? Or, have you had them modded? It would be interesting, since you have 3 of them (wow!), to hear your thoughts on a modded unit versus a stock unit.
Paul , I am Old School and like to keep it stock. These SA-1's sound so incredible, I personally feel to keep it as is. But not to plug my cable, I do have a BMI Hammerhead Gold power cable on it, which just puts the SA-1 in another universe of it's own.

Out of all the digital equipment I've owned over the past 20 years, the Marantz SA-1 has the best results with an upgraded power cable.

At an original $7500 msrp and now under $4K preowned for the SA-1. I would have to say it's a steal when you Hear the sound.

The lesser units such as the Marantz SA-14, SA-14mk.2, SA-12S1, SA-8260 and now there current flagship SA-11 are not in the same league as the SA-1. I personally know the design, and the parts of each.

And according to Marantz, the SA-1 is clearly a statement design. Marantz couldn't make anymore of the SA-1's because of unavailability of the custom design laser and chip. This is from first hand telling from Marantz people.

So again, if you can find a Marantz SA-1 keep it unmodded and it's better than having money in the bank. Because I can guarantee not just now, but years to come the SA-1 will be a sought after player. You can't say that about too many other players. I am done with this topic.

Brian
Jsalsa, I apologize to you for my assumption, my bad. Best of luck in you audio journey.

BW

Steve