Lower end Soundsmith cartridges vs others in same price range?

Soundsmith seems to be a great option for the long term due to their retipping prices. I'm just curious if the performance of the Otello or Carmen is better than anything under $1000 from AT, Ortofon, Hana, etc. I'm running a Technics 1200GR-Elac PPA-2 MM/MC Phono pre. 

I'm not looking for other options as much as opinions on the Soundsmith VS other options.
aberyclark
I have had Soundsmith on my turntables, but prefer the sound of the Nagaoka line of carts.

Yes chakster, I know you disagree with me, but this is the results on my system for what it is worth.

Agree to disagree, no?
You have to be at least  at the 2,000 $ Soundsmith range  to best a Nagoka  going for 400 bucks . And not by much .
Been there .
I have a new Otello, a new (6 month) Zephyr MIMC☆. I also have recently purchased a VPI Zephyr and an older MIMC. I have been re-capping/refurbishing older DD tables. On an old Denon DP-51f, the Otello has potent bass. Maybe a bit too much. A solid value at $400, especially considering the re-tip services.  That being said,  the Zephyr is still a solid value at near $2k. These cartridges are made in the USA, by hand. No others can make this claim. Peter Lederman actually cares about his customers.  I had a question about some crackling noises coming from my system. Peter called me ON A SUNDAY to help me sort it out. Who else does that?