Albert Von Schweikert Has Passed Away

Daemon Von Schweikert just posted a tribute to his dad on their Facebook page.  I believe he was 74-75 years old. Another one of the “greats” has passed on to the “Great Gig In The Sky”. My condolences to his entire family. 
128x128stereo5
I only had some home theater speakers from his NY period. Brilliant planning put a lot of solid design into even his least expensive products. He was proud of every design he released. He will be missed.
A true innovator and perfectionist in the art and science of building exceptional loudspeakers.  This and the fact that he was a kind, generous man that I loved talking to about our passion for exemplary audio reproduction.  I miss him.

Very sad day. I talked to him a few times when the company was located near me in San Marcos, CA and I owned the VR-1 and needed repairs. One time he was burning in one of the new huge tower models and the room was right next to the front desk receptionist. I felt kinda bad for her, just the lows coming through the walls. He played some obscure Frank Zappa for me. A true gentleman. He will be missed.
Sad news.  Still rocking my VR-3s -- 25+ years and going strong.  Met his son at Capital AudioFest a couple years ago, but did not get to meet Albert.  RIP.