Using a Rel Sub with a dedicated center channel

Anyone using a Rel subwoofer with their dedicated center channel in a home theater? Rel has a video on their youtube page from a couple years ago on how to do this and talk about the benefits a little. Someone in the comments makes the case that any channel in a HT can benefit from a subwoofer being added but it does have me intrigued. So much of the sound comes for a HT comes from the center channel it makes me think it might benefit. I am already running 2 SVS SB4000 in my setup. The Yamaha CX-A5200 I am using sets my B&W HTM 1 center channel at 120 hz for crossover and the Vandersteen 2ce sigs that are my are RL channels to 80hz. I actually really like the sound of everything right now but think maybe this can take it to the next level?
chief4425
Yes, subwoofers are great, no you don't need more. :)

So long as your center is set to small ( instead of full range) your HT processor is already sending the bass to the subs in addition to the LFE.  You already have the benefits.

Personally, I go the other way. My center sits on top of my sub, and my front 3 speakers are set to small.  Works great. Before my sub was under the left speaker.  Sounded exactly the same, wonderful. :)
I have seen only a very few movies where deep bass effects are mixed into the center channel.  Most movies will mix bass into left/right or the .1 LFE channel.  A subwoofer attached to the center channel signal won't really make any difference in most scenarios. I think the more important choice in a center channel is to choose a speaker that can play low enough (like 45-50 Hz).  Then run the center channel full range as LARGE or cross it over very low (such as 40 hz).  I have found that it's important for the center channel speaker to reproduce the lower octave.  A LOT of detail occurs here in male voices and running center as LARGE or 40hz crossover will give you a better cohesion on the low male vocals.  It's actually much better than shunting that to the subs.
Could the sub potentially fill in the 60-120 hz range for the center channel though? The vocal clarity is so good on my center I would fear trying something else. I've tried a few centers in the $1200-1600 range and I definitely like this one the best.